School Starters?

rosie272

mum to charlie finn
Reaction score
Anyone else's kiddo start school this week? How did they all get on? Charlie loved his first day although he was only in for 2 hours today. Here's a pic of him just going in... I thought I would cry but I held it together :lol:

DSCF4576.jpg

Aww he looks very cute.
I'm not sure where you are in the world but they dont start back till early September here in the UK.

My daughter starts in Reception on Sep 2nd x

Aww he looks very cute.
I'm not sure where you are in the world but they dont start back till early September here in the UK.

in Scotland they are back now. England and Wales its September.

Charlie looks adorable!!! you don't get enough blazer and tie schools nowadays! i would love that for my boys!

earl is asking to go to school already. 3 weeks on Monday lol

Aww he looks very cute.

in Scotland they are back now. England and Wales its September.

Charlie looks adorable!!! you don't get enough blazer and tie schools nowadays! i would love that for my boys!

earl is asking to go to school already. 3 weeks on Monday lol

Aw thanks aimee-lou! I love the uniform, though he wouldn't wear the wool tanktop he says it was too itchy and warm :haha: he looked supersmart going in but when I picked him up the tie was backwards, shirt hanging over the shorts and blazer being dragged behind him :lol:

That's brilliant Earl is excited, Charlie was excited as well so that's half the battle! They're only in from 10-12 here in Scotland for 3 weeks, is it the same for you?

Alex was only in for 30mins for her testing day. We're in Scotland and all the schools are different but I'm yet to hear of another school that did what we had to today! First day is Monday and it's a week of half days. Then it's full.
Seems like everyone got the excitement today and I'm like...waiting for monday lol !!

Alex was only in for 30mins for her testing day. We're in Scotland and all the schools are different but I'm yet to hear of another school that did what we had to today! First day is Monday and it's a week of half days. Then it's full.
Seems like everyone got the excitement today and I'm like...waiting for monday lol !!

I've never heard of that either! 2 hours just seems really short to me? No even enough time to go home for a decent nap :rofl: Charlie and most of his school pals are used to doing 8am-5pm days at nursery, so he was asking today was he to go back in for lunch and "more learning" :haha:
Hope Alex has a good first day Monday :)

Omg, how cute does he look! That uniform is adorable, I wish Lucas' school was that smart :haha:
His school are back on September 2nd, I actually thought that was really early, it was end of September last year.

Aww he looks so cute! So smart! Jacob's first day of school is 8th September, so we still have like 4 weeks to go. He's already asking to go though, I think the summer hols are too long, although i'm loving having him at home with me - making the most of it :).
His uniform isn't smart but quite casual. He has a green fleece to wear in autumn/winter which I just love!

No gentle lead in here. Straight in 8.45-3.15 M-F and they even start on a Monday so this should be fun! lol

Earl's used to being out and about but this past year I've had him at home apart from 2x3hour pre-school sessions. It's been nice to have us all home to bond, especially as it's Charlie's birthday this weekend - he was only 3 weeks old when the new school year started last year and we were all over the place! lol I have a feeling all of us are going to be tired and tetchy by the time the first week ends as none of us are used to being up and about for school runs every day lol. :blush: At least I have my hubby home for the first week of term, and then he starts his teacher training so he'll be gone M-F in term time as his course is in York and we're still in Norfolk! :wacko:

I have to say I really hate the whole thing now that polo shirts and sweatshirts are the norm. I loved the whole school uniform thing growing up, and if I could I would so send Earl in shirt and tie but the school doesn't even have a tie for it to be an option! :shrug:

He looks lovely in his uniform. His uniform is a really smart one. September the 4th here. She starts at 9:30 until 3:15 on her first day then 8:45-3:15 from then onwards.

I really think the Scottish system should change now, every parent I've spoken to has said they would be happy with a full day (9-3) to start! It's OK for me just now as I was made redundant in May (got to be a sahm for a couple of months! It was fab) but parents who are working are having a nightmare with childcare as the after school care doesn't kick in until they go full days! So for 3+ weeks, it's pretty tough if you work - most people have kept their years annual leave to cover these weeks. Charlie was a bit underwhelmed yesterday when he had to come out after 2 hours, he wanted to stay :haha:

Full day would be way too much imo, a change of routine can be really difficult for children like Alex on the spectrum. Its a hard thing to get right though and i see what you mean

No gentle lead in here. Straight in 8.45-3.15 M-F and they even start on a Monday so this should be fun! lol

Earl's used to being out and about but this past year I've had him at home apart from 2x3hour pre-school sessions. It's been nice to have us all home to bond, especially as it's Charlie's birthday this weekend - he was only 3 weeks old when the new school year started last year and we were all over the place! lol I have a feeling all of us are going to be tired and tetchy by the time the first week ends as none of us are used to being up and about for school runs every day lol. :blush: At least I have my hubby home for the first week of term, and then he starts his teacher training so he'll be gone M-F in term time as his course is in York and we're still in Norfolk! :wacko:

I have to say I really hate the whole thing now that polo shirts and sweatshirts are the norm. I loved the whole school uniform thing growing up, and if I could I would so send Earl in shirt and tie but the school doesn't even have a tie for it to be an option! :shrug:[/

It is strange getting up early again - we've been enjoying a fantastic summer with all the Commonwealth games stuff going on and lovely sunshine! Long lies were becoming too good :haha: A good thing is Charlie is back in an early bed routine after a summer of 9.30pm bedtimes! Also agree about the polo shirts and jumpers as uniform, there are still loads of schools in Glasgow that have that, not all have shirts and tie - I personally love shirt and tie it's so smart.
Can't believe your little Charlie is going to be 1!! Where did the year go?? :wacko:

Alexs uniform shot :rofl:
10593157_10152575024019318_3460084275078483336_n.jpg

Tom starts on 11th Sept and has 2 half days then is full time from 15th Sept. Poor love doesn't finish at nursery until 10th Sept because we need the childcare till he starts school properly.

He's very ready and I think will be fine with 8.45 - 3.15 but I think having to do Monday to Friday instead of Tuesday to Thursday is going to be a shock for him.

My daughter starts reception on 4th September, first day it's 9.30-3.30 then 8.45 start after that so not much of a gentle start here either! She did go to nursery/pre-school full days though so is used to it in a way but she doesn't turn 4 for another 2 weeks so she's the youngest and very little so be strange sending her 5 days a week!

Esther starts afternoons only on the 10th Sept for two weeks then is full time from 24th Sept.
Her uniform is pretty smart - she starts in her winter uniform which is a green pinafore dress with a white shirt underneath and a tie. Boys wear trousers or shorts with a shirt and tie in the winter. I do find it assuming that the summer uniform which is supposed to be cooler is a polo shirt and no tie but actually as the polo shirts aren't cotton the kids are actually warmer in those than in their cotton shirts!

Aww they all look so cute. Ben starts on 8th Sept, he does 1 week 8.45-12, then 2nd week 8.45-1.30 so they get to stay for lunch. Then 3rd week onwards is full days. He also goes in on 3rd Sept for a 20 min 1:1 with the teacher and TA so he can be shown where everything is, it's a big school so just to make him more aware of the surroundings!

Owen starts on 2nd sept and does 8.55-11.30 for two weeks then on the 14th full days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->