School uniform

Abigailly

Reaction score
Do any of you plan to send your girls to school in trousers?

Niamh has her first day tomorrow and I have her a school polo shirt, schools jumper and black trousers out to wear. Niamh never wears dresses so I never thought about sending her to school in a pinafore, however local schools all went back today and it seems EVERY little girl is wearing a skirt or pinafore?

I don't want her to feel left out or anything as she often overly cares about what people think. So the last thing I want is her to feel sensitive on her first day. :wacko:

In my daughter's school girls have to wear the school pinafores which is lucky for us because my daughter refuses to wear trousers so it's a little different, but I would just ask what your daughter prefers really and maybe explain some girls will be in skirts/dresses but that it's her choice. When I was little I would have hated wearing a skirt or a dress to school but we didn't have uniforms so wasn't an issue.

I bought one pair of trousers for Daisy to wear on P.E days as she struggles with tights.

Yep my daughter wears a skirt in warmer weather and trousers in cooler weather. So in September, unless it's unusually warm, she generally starts the academic year with trousers.

There are plenty of girls in Joshua's class that wear trousers or shorts rather than dress/pinafore.

She started, and she was the only girl in the p1, 2 and 3 Mass that was wearing trousers, but turns out she really doesn't care and she's much less sensitive than I thought.:shrug:

There was quite a few girls in Charlie's class wearing trousers or cullottes. I think it looks really smart and think it's great that girls can wear trousers now. When I was at school, I always remember having freezing legs in the winter because we had to wear skirts! And it's great that Niamh didn't feel any different either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->