Schools reopening

I tried Ds's trousers on him yesterday, they'll be shorter than I prefer but I can let the hem down. His shoes don't fit and I'm loathed to buy a proper pair of school shoes for such a short time - not that there's anywhere I can take home to get them anyway!! I'll maybe get him some black trainers that will do over the summer too.
Ds remains indifferent about going back, but as we don't have a definite official date yet I'm not bothering tbh. It is likely to be the 15th but could be after the spring break depending on how the decide to do it.
Yesterday D-niece has started going for a walk at 7a.m with her friend, I was concerned out having to get her up and out as she's turned night in to day since mid term but this has reasured me.

We have been really struggling to get motivated this morning. :( I was so tempted to just stay in bed and sleep on and in the end, with the little work we have done, I may just as well have done. We only did 20 minutes Bedrock (literacy improvement tool) and 10 minutes of Times Table Rockstar. We still have maths, reading, writing and work on the topic to do. We skipped PE this morning, thinking of joining the afternoon session but now I am thinking we will have to skip again and do work instead.
Ok so THIS I will not miss at all... but then again getting up at 6:30 will be no fun either. I feel really blah today.

We've been told today that all primaries will go back full time on the 15th and secondaries will be back then but possibly not full time for all pupils - the other way around would work better for us as it's my 3rd year niece who's missing it! On a brighter note, I managed to take the hem down on Ds's trousers, they're not great but as long as he doesn't have a spring growing spurt they'll be fine.

Well done. I am hoping my boys' trousers will still fit. I only bought them in Autumn. They still haven't tried on their shoes cause it was just too much effort and interrupted their playing, doncha know :roll:. When do your Easter holidays start? I thought ours start 2 weeks after they go back but they start on the 31st which is a Wednesday, so just over 3 weeks.

I am hoping my kids still fit in their clothes too. I don't think they've grown but you never really notice when you're with them every day, it happens so gradually!

I am hoping my kids still fit in their clothes too. I don't think they've grown but you never really notice when you're with them every day, it happens so gradually!
I didn't really notice how much Ds had grown until I saw him on the trampoline with the girl next door!!

Well done. I am hoping my boys' trousers will still fit. I only bought them in Autumn. They still haven't tried on their shoes cause it was just too much effort and interrupted their playing, doncha know :roll:. When do your Easter holidays start? I thought ours start 2 weeks after they go back but they start on the 31st which is a Wednesday, so just over 3 weeks.
I knew Ds was out of his shoes at Christmas but as no where was open to do anything about it I decided it was winter and he'd be fine in his boots (then they announced they weren't going back so not a problem) - its been gorgeous here the past few days, the boots are definitely overkill!!:rofl:
We stop for Easter on 1st April and they don't go back till the 19th, then they've 2 long weekends in May and our schools stop for summer at the end of June - new school shoes that wont fit come August for about 10 weeks of school....!!

Yeah agreed. Our school don't allow trainers though not even black ones.
Otherwise you could order shoes online. I have done it before and just went up a size in the same brand (Clarks) and that worked out fine but if not they can be sent back too.

Yeah agreed. Our school don't allow trainers though not even black ones.
Otherwise you could order shoes online. I have done it before and just went up a size in the same brand (Clarks) and that worked out fine but if not they can be sent back too.
Our school aren't particularly keen on trainers either, normally I wouldn't, I prefer proper shoes, but they'd be hard pressed to argue with me at this point in the year in the circumstances - and Ds wouldn't be upset at being pulled up if he was, he'd relish a good 'discussion':rofl:

:haha: good for him not being too shy about defending himself lol

Arghh thanks ladies, Just reminded me about DD1s school shoes she seems to have gone up a size in trainers but her school shoes are Kickers which apparently are generous . I must try them on her tomorrow !

Mine go back as normal on Monday there is a staggered start again but as they are siblings can go in the same time but DD1 will finish 10 minutes later than DD2. They will be back for 3 weeks then 2 off for Easter .

So tomorrow is the last day for home schooling . And I am proud of my girls for doing it and trying their best . I am also proud of myself it’s been hard at times but it’s what needed to happen! They both won certificates so I couldn’t have been that bad haha

You should all be proud of your children and yourselves too !

Our school aren't particularly keen on trainers either, normally I wouldn't, I prefer proper shoes, but they'd be hard pressed to argue with me at this point in the year in the circumstances - and Ds wouldn't be upset at being pulled up if he was, he'd relish a good 'discussion':rofl:

I don’t think any school would be up for a argument under these circumstances but I am glad your DS can handle himself should he get asked by the teachers !

I hope you're lucky with the shoes, sizes differ so much depending on the brand and style. Ds's were a 4 before Christmas, he's definitely out of those, his winter boots (which I think were big made) are a 5 and they seem neat on him, so ordering off the net would be sheer guess work. It was very cold here today, maybe winter isn't quite gone and he'll get away with boots till the shops open...

It’s been total guess work with shoe sizes in my house too! I’ve still not tried them on ! Going to do it tomorrow luckily enough we have a little shoe shop that’s been allowed to stay open selling school shoes only !

Fingers crossed your DS gets to wear his winter boots longer ! He weather has been crazy last few days bright and sunny then raining and dark !

I haven't tried Holly's school shoes on her yet. I've tried James' and they still fit.

@Rags I hope your DS can still wear his boots :)

LOL that resonated strongly with me too! I better check those lunchboxes! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->