Schools reopening

I agree we all put too much pressure on ourselves to do everything the school sets and let’s be honest it’s just not possible everyday !

DD1 did all her homework today . DD2 on the other hand did nothing at all ! She just wanted to play with her barbies and I let her . I heard her talking and using her imagination so that was good enough for me ! Tomorrow she will be doing some reading and phonics work . She’s 5 and doesn’t want to be sat at a iPad all day she wants to play and explore ! So I’ve dedicated half the morning to outdoor learning and playing in our local park !

I've got my fingers crossed that we get snow overnight, if we do I'm having and internet black out and I'm taking Ds sledging, I missed out the past 2 winters because of work, no way I'm not getting in a sledge this year!!

I've got my fingers crossed that we get snow overnight, if we do I'm having and internet black out and I'm taking Ds sledging, I missed out the past 2 winters because of work, no way I'm not getting in a sledge this year!!
Aww that would be cool ! Fingers crossed for snow day !

Well thanks to the rain my plans went down the drain !! So we have been making cards instead haha !

We ended up going for a walk along the river, took a flask of coffee and met a friend who'd brought some dry wood, marshmallows and scures - it was cold and wet but its amazing how much you can put up with when you've toasted marshmallows:D

SOOO ready for half term! Any one else or is it just me? :haha:

This week they want the kids to rehearse a song This Is Me and to then record it and send it in. They want to mash all the videos together and that way have the whole school sing together. Sounds great but it is not. My two, especially Dom though, hate singing and performing of any kind. I am just the same, it is literally the stuff of my worst nightmares! So I am just not going to do it. Seb's teacher suggested that those kids who don't want to sing could just mime along to the song but that would be worse! I'd feel like such an idiot sending in a silent video with my mouth moving! The thought alone makes me cringe!
They did say parents need to give consent as the whole put together thing will be public. So I am just going to with hold consent.

Are we the only ones who hate this sort of thing and wouldn't make their kids do this?

That makes sense withholding the consent especially with the boys not liking singing. Now the kids are getting older it's more awkward and embarrassing for them.

I'm looking forward to half term but also wondering what we are going to do with still being in lockdown and having no structure to the days!

Yeah I suppose the structure to the days does help but I suppose you could go out for longer walks now?

Yeah I suppose the structure to the days does help but I suppose you could go out for longer walks now?

Yes that's true! It's been annoying trying to fit the walks in around lessons!

Let's hope the weather plays ball! It is beautiful here today! I am longing to go for a walk on the Heath but I need to go do some shopping instead. Still, I am getting out of the house ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->