Deanna
Christine
Janice
Miramanee
Nyota
Ilia
Miri
Amanda

I love nerd names! I had a million for a boy but DH wouldn't hear of any of them. For a girl I was pushing for Parker Fillion (Parker from Leverage and Fillion as in Nathan Fillion because I love Mal from Firefly), not exactly scifi but still geeky. He wouldn't hear of that either. I also like Kaylee or Jayne (Firefly) and Ripley or Newt (Aliens). And tried for a Borg designation, 4 of 4... since this will be our fourth kids but he didn't even take me seriously for a second! :dohh:

In any case my daughter says no matter what we name it she is calling it Wash (Firefly). :D

The two that came to mind were games from Zelda that I used to play a lot!

-Zelda
-Zora
-Saria

:)

My mum wanted to call me Gates - after Gates McFadden from Star Trek!

This blog is also funny:

Nerd Baby Names

Too bad it hasn't been updated in almost 2 years.

I have a friend named Deneva, which is a planet in the Star Trek universe.

You've got some great suggestions in here! My hubby is a big sci fi fan as well and so he would love some of these ideas. LOL I actually really like your first choice of Arwen Renee. I think that goes very well together and is beautiful. :thumbup: And on a similar note, we are having a boy and as of now our sons name will be Ryker James! I found Ryker in a names list and thought it was actually a great name and then it fit with my husbands idea because of Will Riker of Next Generation (I like the spelling with the "y" better). LOL And then James as in Captain James T. Kirk of the orginal Star Trek. People always shake their heads when I tell them where the names came from but it works for us! :winkwink:

Hello... :)

I have always thought I would have a boy first. I'm a tomboy and a nerd, I work with computers and it just always seemed to me I'd have a boy. It's much easier to find a name that has subtle roots in Sci Fi for a boy, and we had a couple we liked (Montgomery, Riker).

But - we are 30 weeks pregnant with a girl! And I'm having a heck of a time finding a name we like.

I'm hopeful that someone out there might have some ideas. I'm not looking for anything crazy here. Every time I tell somebody we are looking for a Sci Fi related baby girl name, they suggest Uhura. I'm just not interested in REALLY out there names!

These are the girl names we have so far - none of them feels "perfect" yet. Please help with ideas???

ARWEN RENEE MCCORMICK
Arwen is from Lord of the Rings. It's also Welsh, and I have Welsh roots. Renee is after my Nana (grandmother). It's currently my favorite of the three.

EZRI ? MCCORMICK
Ezri is from Star Trek Deep Space Nine (Ezri Dax). I do like this name, and it does seem to fit as we are Jewish and it has Jewish roots. It just doesn't feel like THE name, you know?

LARA ELLE MCCORMICK
Lara-El is Superman's (Kal-El's) mom. So I adapted it to Lara Elle. I do love how subtle it is - nobody would ever, ever guess that it's a Sci Fi name :)

Please help me out with ideas, but also let me know what you think of these names! I've also recently realized I could actually use Montgomery for a girl, though if it had been a boy it would have been MONTGOMERY SCOTT MCCORMICK.

Thanks!!!!!!! :hugs:
I love this post so much! :)
Firstly Arwen Renee is gorgeous! I'm a huge LOTR fan, AND I'm welsh, and my grandmother was Renee too! :flower: I really pushed for Renee as a middle name for my dd but dh was having none of it :(
I would *LOVE* to call a daughter of mine Aeon (as in Aeon Flux, what a hero!) but there's no way I'd get my sci-fi hating dh to agree to that. Currently the best I can get him to semi-agree to (as in mumbling "mm, it's ok I suppose") is Arya (or Aria) as I'm also a huge G.O.T fan ;)
Ezri to me is too close to Ezra (which I love for a boy though!) and Lara Elle sounds quite plain and not unusual. But that might not be an issue to you :shrug:
I wish you luck in your decision! Can't wait to hear what you decide :thumbup: x

Someone might have said this already but Ellen Ripley from Alien?

Haha, I just actually read the posts above and realised EVERYONE said Ripley :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->