Sciatic nerve pain so early?

LadyBug923

Reaction score
I'm 9w1d today and have horrible sciatic nerve pain in my hip and buttocks! I mean like I'm in tears here. Anyone heard of having it so early on? Isn't usually a second or 3rd trimester thing? I've been having this pain for a few days now but today brought it to a whole new level. This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what to except but this pain I have and the places I have it sound identical to what the doctor said was sciatic nerve pain. How do you combat this?! I work as a CNA at an assisted living facility so I am always on my feet, I'm trying to drink lots of water but too much makes me sick and all I want is ginger ale. I would love some tips from some seasoned veteran mommies who have dealt with this before!

I have scoliosis and sciatic nerve problem from childhood, and this second pregnancy is really making it's mark on the pain. My suggestion is to find a massage therapist that is trained in pregnancy massage and book yourself an appointment. It's very important they are trained in this because certain pressure points can induce labour and they know where to avoid. I get massages regularly and it is a life saver! Good luck, I hope you can manage your pain. If you are unable to get a massage right away try a hot bath, not too hot though, with some Epsom salts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->