Sciatic nerve pain

xpinky

Reaction score
My Dr put me on bed rest due to sciatic nerve pain. Anyone else experience this before? The pain is unbearable I can barely walk. My stomach, back, inner thighs, and pubic area hurts so bad. Not only that I been getting cramps on my legs as well as a shooting pain that starts from my butt to my leg.

I had it last night - omg I was up till like 4am with my left leg killing me. It felt like the growing pains I had when I was little.

I was at my doc appointment today and mentioned it to her and she checked me for a blood clot in my leg, apparently if it happens again I need to either go back to her/assessment to check up on it. She explained though about the sciatic pain and OMG I couldn't imagine having it all over.

Sending a very gentle internet hug lol. :hugs:

Hopefully my short term disability kicks in for this! My Dr said it happened in the 3rd trimester and nothing can make it go away!

I had it so so bad for weeks and weeks! It got to the point I would just lay in bed and cry for days. I couldn't make it to work, and I fell just getting out of bed or trying to make it to the bathroom because my leg would go completely numb and give out from pain. My regular doctor did nothing about it and said I must not drink enough water and I should really work out more. I'm an activities coordinator/CNA and I went to the gym every night after work until I fell at the gym and made myself stop going. I saw a new doctor who said I have a herniated disc that is pushing on my sciatic nerve. Unfortunately there is nothing to be done about it while pregnant. No muscle relaxers or pain pills will work because it's a bone and nerve problem, not a muscle problem. I took a week off of work and have a 15 pound weight limit though I try and not lift over 10.
I still have intense pain but I am getting used to it and finding ways to relieve it. Counting down the days till baby comes out for sure!
I hope you find some relief because this pain is truly unbearable! :hugs:

I've had this for about a month. The midwife referred me for physio but it's not really helping. I get pains from my lower back right into my bum and shooting pains down my legs :-(

I've had this in varying severities since my last pregnancy five years ago, at around 14 weeks with this pregnancy it became unbearable and I had to change my role at work as I can't stand for very long at all without getting horrible pain/numbness in my leg and now my back hurts as well. Being at home has helped a lot as I can sit down when I need to its just frustrating that we can't do much as a family at the moment because I need to be able to sit down wherever we go, I have had to stop doing food shopping on my own as I can't make it round the supermarket and even getting the baby stuff has had to be done online or in short trips here and there.

I like to sit on an exercise ball at home and find not staying in one position for too long helps. I also have a step stool in the kitchen I rest my right foot on while washing up and cooking to help me be able to tolerate standing up a little longer.

It is horrible but it did get better for me last time once baby was born and I had lost my baby weight. I do feel for you, hope you find some relief soon.

I had sciatic and back pain for a few weeks, could barely walk. I started taking prenatal yoga classes a month ago and the pain is gone! Also try not to lift/carry anything heavy. I switched from carrying a shoulder bag to a backpack and that also helped. Now I have horrible hip pain from sleeping on mostly one side and nothing seems to help with that, but the sciatic pain and back pain are gone. Hope it gets better for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->