Sciatica is crippling me

N

Neecee

I was almost in tears this morning as I tried to walk to the bus stop. It's getting really painful now and there's no chanch of being operated on whilst I'm pregnant. My mum has told me to contact my midwife as they may refer me for physio to try and ease the pain.

It hurst so much even to just go up a few stairs. :cry:

Has anyone else had really bad sciatica?

oh yes....i had it it terribly all last week. It made me cry a lot too- i was too scared to move because of the horrible sharp pains when i moved.
What did end up helping was i spent one full day in bed, resting my spine and leg. I had a hot water bottle and cold compress, and rotated them where it hurt. I'd then fall asleep on the hot water bottle. The next day it really eased, and now it's totally better.

Also a hot bath each night really helped relaxed the muscles, as i was starting to walk dead weird too. it's horrible isn't it.

oh yes....i had it it terribly all last week. It made me cry a lot too- i was too scared to move because of the horrible sharp pains when i moved.
What did end up helping was i spent one full day in bed, resting my spine and leg. I had a hot water bottle and cold compress, and rotated them where it hurt. I'd then fall asleep on the hot water bottle. The next day it really eased, and now it's totally better.

Also a hot bath each night really helped relaxed the muscles, as i was starting to walk dead weird too. it's horrible isn't it.

Seriously, I'm walking like an old lady after a hip operation! It used to take me just 25 mins to walk to work from Kensington Olympia but now I can't even do that - I can just about get to the bus stop :(.

aww poor u! Ive bin getting bad pains too not sure what mine are so im waiting for doctor to call me back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->