• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Science and Philosophy Club Rules OK!

I have Scorpio sun, moon in Virgo, rising in Taurus. Jupiter in Aries and Saturn in Sag!!

Quite a mix haha

What houses are your Saturn and Jupiter in if you don't mind specifying? :mrgreen:

Me: Capricorn sun, Libra moon, Scorpio Rising.
OH: Virgo sun, Gemini moon, Pisces Rising.

I love the fact that every part is compatible in terms of earth sun, Air moon, Water rising. :cloud9:

How do you figure out all this astrology stuff? I love it, its very fascinating :)

Thanks! Thats really interesting! can't believe they had my birthplace on there too, which is a tiny town in the middle east.

Looked up Niamh's :lol:

Apparently she's going to be attracted to the medical profession, love history and the Arts, love to travel and marry a foreigner and have lots of children :)

Looked up Niamh's :lol:

Apparently she's going to be attracted to the medical profession, love history and the Arts, love to travel and marry a foreigner and have lots of children :)

The thing about astrology (as my friend says) is that its more based around "trends" and "symbols" etc. So it's better to understand what each house and sign and planet represent. Mostly these are based on old customs, myths and cultures etc. The ones we have are based mainly on the Gods from Roman/Greek times. :mrgreen:

As a general guide:

Lesson 1. :winkwink:
Take all these explanations as trying to get at an essence.
Sun: Sense of self, pride.
Moon: Emotions. Motherhood. Subconscious. Nurturing. Womanly.
Mercury: the messenger. Flighty, communicative, cognitive.
Venus: Love, beauty, femininity, can be unstable and changeable but generally very good.
Mars: Powerful, aggressive, masculine.
Jupiter: (the best one in my opinion!!!!) Luck. Abundance. Generosity. (either given or received)
Saturn: (blueargh!!!! the worst one in my opinion!) Restriction, limitations, difficulties, hard work, karma.
Uranus: Explosive, creativity, Genius. (but a quite unstable)
Neptune: Deep subconscious, artistic, Dreams, sometimes associated with loss.
Pluto: (this is the newest so its not as well known as the rest) governemnt, structure, control, power.

In addition to these there are LOTS of things that each planet is associated with. e.g. Jupiter: Long journeys and travel, Mercury: Short journeys, Saturn: Agriculture, and most have colours associated with them.

The romans believed they could invoke the spirit of the Gods (planets) by wearing certain colours. Wearing Gold was supposed to invoke Jupiter. (Which is a little unfair and self fulfilling as those rich enough to afford Gold would obviously feel Jupiter was kinder to them! :dohh:)

Lastly, the WAY these planets interact with each other (the relationships they have due to the angles in a natal chart) will apparently heavily define whether the influence is good or bad.

So although Jupiter is a good influence, a bad aspect with another planet might mean that although you have a lot of wealth, you spend more than you make, or spend on bad things, or get it in the wrong ways etc.

Same with Saturn being a generally bad influence, it can be fruitful if aspected well with other planets.

:thumbup:

Welcome to our new home!

I also don't have a chart done any time recently and so can't remember anything about myself beyond being Pisces and having Taurus rising. I totally fit the profiles for these though. Something I found interesting was that I only knew one person who was Pisces at my school all the way through (in say 1000 people) but when I went to uni and did Marine Biology, loads of us were Pisces, or other water signs. Far more than would be a normal proportion relative to that in the general population.

I'll have a go at that chart link...

My jupiter says I'll have great ease at writing and will find great fortune and wealth in literature and the arts. I guess its time to start writing those books!!!

I checked in a while ago and no one was here and then I went on holiday.

Hubby has jupiter in the 12th too.

As does Bob dylan apprently. :shrug:

Im here :) Just dont know much about Astrology to comment, but interested in reading what you girls have to say!

I dunno how its supposed to be the luckiest day of however many years and that its got some hidden roots in chinese numerology and astrology, etc

Oh, I heard there were record numbers of people getting married in Gretna Green in Scotland because of the date and being lucky in Chinese astrology. I imagine it's all pants! I don't believe in luck, not really. I don't think we have a particularly lucky day yesterday.

Oh dear.
We seem to have lost our steam!
I'll try to think of a fun topic and post again soon. I start my new job on Monday, so I'm bound to have some contentious conservation issue that could provide fun conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->