Scottish (Fife) Bump Buddy wanted - Due Sept :)

Hi ladies.
How are you doing?
Fifemum85, have you had your little bundle?
My baby girl was born on the 25th, I won't go in to the details as it didn't go well for me. She was really big, 10lb 3oz!! We were expecting about 8 or 9lbs! I needed an emergency section which also didn't go well. However, my baby is healthy and I am recovering well. We got out of hospital on the 29th. We have named her Isabella and she is a wee beauty. My fiancé is off work for another 2 weeks, which is a god send as I don't think I'd manage myself quite yet.
I hope you and your bumps are doing well. Not long for everyone now. :)

xx

hey scottishmum. sorry it was a rough one hun. lovely name and wow!! what a whopper!! Im just checking in as next thurs is our section day. xxxx

Hi E&L's mummy. Good luck for your section. Not long till your baby is here now. :)
Looking forward to hearing when your little one is here.

xx

Great to hear from you Scottishmum2b! Soz to hear it didnt go so well. What a lovely name! You'll have to post some pics of her. Congratulations huni! How is she settling at home?Yous will be over the moon :)
Little one is still not here yet. Was at hosp after 36 weeks wi contractions but they went :( Then had mw on 6th. SHe said I was measuring 40 weeks when I shouldve been 37+6! Jeezo! According to my ovulation dates etc my due date wouldve been 7th, but theyre still keeping it at 21st! Gonna have a 10lb baby too I think. She is huge! Thought my waters went on the 6th after mw even tho she wasnt engaged. Got to hosp and was told that its extra discharge and baby is now engaged 2/5. Getting loads of backache and have had the ok to try induce myself at home but NOTHING seems to work! Pineapple, spicy food, long walks, clary sage oil, evening primrose oil, sex, nipple stimulation, raspberry leaf tea, etc. Really dont wanna do Castor oil but she is getting way to big and causing sciatica! Hopefully she will come soon :)
E&Ls Mummy, glad you are well. Looking forward to hearing from you soon about your new arrival :D You all settled into new house? Keep in touch xx

Hi Fifemum, sorry it has taken so long to reply, things have been non stop trying to get settled in to things.
We are starting to get in to the swing of things more, I'm finding things a lot easier. At the start I was panicking when she cried as I didn't know what she wanted but I'm starting to feel more relaxed now. I'm even getting used to the lack of sleep. :) Hopefully she will start to go down earlier and sleep longer soon.
I had her at the baby clinic on Tuesday and she is 11lb 8oz so she is putting the weight on!
I hope you are well and look forward to hearing from you.
xx

Hi, soz for late update. Glad Isabella is well and is settling. Takes a wee while to get into routine so dont worry too much. Hope you are keeping well too :)
Had Charlotte May Wilson on the 17th September (scrubbing the floor finally induced me 5 days early hehe!). 26 hours in labour, not much fun. Had some gas and air, morphine then epidural to progress. Turned out she was facing into hip so had to get forcepts (they failed). Ended up getting emergency section in the end, and she was born at 6.06am. 8lb 8oz so kinda glad I didnt push her out hehe! She is settling fine and is breastfeeding well. Had a tough few weeks wi thrush, anaemia, mastitis and an infection in womb. Recovering now though :) Absolutely love being a mum again. Natalie and Daniel are over the moon with her too. Getting a few smiles when I copy her expressions which just makes my day and I forget all about the lack of sleep lol! Halloween soon.. whats everyone up to? Anything exciting?
I hope everyone is well. Look forward to hearing about all of your bundles soon. Definitely worth the wait :D xx

Hi. It's great to hear from you. I'm glad Charlotte is here safely, even if it was really tough on you. How are you recovering from everything? It sounds really horrible what you went through so i hope you are ok. They are worth it though, aren't they? :)
Are you coping with the sleepless nights? How does she do at night? I hear that breastfed babies feed more often? Unfortunately I wasn't able to breastfeed. :( Although she is doing great on formula.
Is Daniel enjoying being a dad? G is loving it. Isabella looks just like him but has my eyes. Who does Charlotte look like?
She has the cold the now which hasn't been much fun! She also has her vaccinations on Thursday which I'm not looking forward to. I have the calpol all ready in case she needs it.
We don't have any plans for Halloween, what about you? Is Natalie dressing up? Is she enjoying being a big sister?
We have a wedding a week on Friday which I'm really looking forward to. I have a lovely dress which I was hoping to wear but unfortunately the baby weight is hanging about. I put on about 4 stone through the pregnancy but struggling to lose the last stone! So I'm having to buy something new, never a bad thing I suppose. :)

Take care.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"