'scratching' sensation in my uterus

Briss

Reaction score
I have an internal 'scratching' sensation in my uterus and wonder if anyone may have something similar or knows what this may mean? the sensation is quite mild to be painful but so very prominent that i cannot ignore it anymore.

I had this sensation for the first time 10 years ago when i had a polyp (not confirmed) in my uterus. I was given some hormones which made me have contractions during my period and following 2 cycles it disappeared. I forgot about it but once we started TTC over 2 years ago the sensation came back and gets stronger with every cycle. I fooled myself into thinking that this is my egg trying to**attach itself to the uterus*poor thing and*failing miserably and trying again and again. Now i think that it must be something else. but what? another polyp? or worse endometriosis?

Grateful for any information. HSG and scans did not reveal anything. Am scheduled for hysteroscopy in April. am so very scared! but figured we have just 2 attempts to achieve pregnancy before the operation so have maximized our efforts. if this fails then may as well risk my health (and possibly life) by going though hysteroscopy, have nothing to lose anyway.

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I didn't want to R&R. Best of luck!

I think I can now answer my own question (in case it might be helpful to anyone else). Looks like polypoid endometrium might be to blame for this. Now sure yet what this means and whether this is treatable

Interesting. I'll have to look that one up, I've never heard about that.

Update: I've had my hysteroscopy and it did not confirm polypoid endometrium. my uterus seems totally normal but I still have this scratching sensation particularly in 2WW. still no idea what's it all about

i had this two cycles ago and i also naively fooled myself into thinking it was the egg burrowing into the lining :wacko: then AF came the next day and i was pretty devastated! i know that doesn't help you much but just wanted to chip in and tell you you're not the only one :) glad there's nothing serious causing it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->