Screening results and general venting..

reeve

Reaction score
Hi ladies... iv been absent from the board as iv been so ill. Iv been diagnosed with hyperemesis and it’s kicked me butt in a big way. Iv been hospitalised twice for dehydration.

I’m 13 +3 and last week we had our 12 week scan. The scan went great, sonographer said everything looked normal for this stage. We had the nuchal test and the measurement was 1.2.. so also a good normal measurement. Hopped off to get my bloods done and awaited the results.

This is my third pregnancy. I’m 36- I had twins 13 years ago and 6 years ago my son. I do suffer with morning sickness quite badly but nothing to this time around experience.

My results came back on Friday as:

1:165 for Down syndrome
1:10000 for the other trisomys

Congratulations you are low risk.

Now yes I saw the low risk part, but instantly panicked. The cut of for high risk is 1:150 so I’m still rather close to that and I do recall with my son I was something like 1:6000.

I called the dr on the letter and she was lovely and very factual. She said that my hcg levels were double what they’d typically see at this stage and my Papp-a was a little low. So adding those to my age gave me my risk number.

I’m now booked for the harmony test for further assessment.

No judgment ladies needed, but we wouldn’t continue with this pregnancy should the baby have DS or another genetic disorder for reasons that I won’t go into.

As you can imagine I’m going out my mind, coupled with my hyperemesis I’m a bloody mess.

I guess I’m after input from anyone that’s been through this ?

Google is a blinkin nightmare

Reeve
X

Sorry no experience here. I just wanted to send love and strength and hope they can get you in quickly for your harmony test. ❤

No experience here either, no one is right to judge you, I just wanted to wish you luck <3

I was 1:11 for trisomy 18, 13 and 1:17 for Down Syndrome. I did the MaterniT21 test and results came back with typical chromosomes. She is now 5. It's still really in your favor of everything being fine, but I understand the worry. I wish you well and hope you get your test and results quickly.

Thanks ladies for your support and hugs.
Scout- thank you for your positive experience.. I keep telling myself to stay positive but it’s so darn hard. My test is this coming Thursday and results take up to 10 days... soo much waiting!!

With my second pregnancy my original blood test came back showing positive for trisomy 13. I naturally panicked as that is more often than not fatal in utero :/

I went for the amnio and turns out the baby was fine - my son is now 11 and perfectly healthy.

I wish you the best *hugs*

I'm sure it's terrifying because 1/165 kind of SOUNDS like a reasonable chance at first glance. But that is literally less than 1% chance. There is an overwhelming probability everything will be fine! Good luck and try not to stress too much :)

I'd never judge if u don't want to continue that's your choice and u are clearly thinking of the child's future and quality of life. I really have no idea what I will do it the say down high risk to me or any abnormalities normal is a harsh word but it's the truth we all want a normal baby with no problems.

I don't think anyone could say until they were put in that situation.
Must be awful.

Just thought I’d update... my harmony test results came back as 1:10000... and it’s a girl. I’m so so happy and hopefully once my never ending sickness clears up I can enjoy some of this pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->