Sea-Bands? & Other morning sickness remedies.

melissa850

Reaction score
For the past 4 days I've been crippled by morning sickness. I've sat up in bed to nibble on a meal a few times a day and DH helps me walk to the restroom to pee (my whole world spins when I stand up). :boat: Other than that I've been stuck under covers, groaning in agony... Which is not good, because I am employed full-time.

My doctor put me on Diclegis 10mg and it's not really helped at all, I end up throwing up the medication before it gets a chance to work. :cry: If I have an empty stomach I still dry heave and gag, if there's food in it then it doesn't stay there very long. :sick: It's starting to worry me. However I'm able to keep down some liquids, and I don't feel like I am dehydrated.

I was curious if anyone has tried Sea-Bands and had any success?

Or if there's any other remedies out there that I can try to make it through this weekend before I call the Doctor again on Monday?

Other than Diclegis, I've tried:
Crackers and ginger ale
Emetrol
Smaller snacks through out the day
Fruit
Toast

... None have worked. It's at the point that even our clean smelling dish soap makes me retch. :shipw:

I tried sea bands last time, and even though I was very skeptical (but willing to try anything!) they did make a difference. The only other thing which worked and which was a miracle drug was ondansetron. It let me feel human again and fuction during the day.

have you tried zofran/ondanestron? ive used it before pregnancy for acid reflux and after getting pregnant. honestly i only use it when i ABSOLUTELY am miserable because its not proven 100% safe during pregnancy yet and they prescribed it to me when i told them i was sick at the hospital around 9 weeks. so far baby is measuring half a week ahead and is extremely active all day long, so she's doing wonderful!

i used seabands since week 4 and i stopped using them at 12 weeks, when morning sickness finally went away for good. im honestly not even sure if they physically keep me from feeling sick or if its just a mind-trick thing. i used them and it made me feel better. i also tried tummy drops ginger flavored (for pregnancy) and the flavors at first worked but as i progressed in the 1st tri, the flavors made me want to vomit so now i have a full and a half bag of unused tummy drops sitting around. yuck

on the other hand, when i didnt eat is when i felt like throwing up so id eat little by little and that definitely helped the harsh waves of nausea tone down just a bit.

overall: try zofran/ondanestron from the doctor! it works amazingly to stop vomiting and nausea.

I use sea bands. They've been a god send for me. I've been off work a number of times the past couple of weeks due to nausea. Since using the bands though, I've felt lots better.

I had MS bad with my daughter, threw up all day long non stop. I was given Zofran, which was ok. It helped take the edge off but they gave me bad headaches. I have MS again this time around. Going to ask my doctor for something after the holidays. I suck on mints and sour candies all day long. Gotta go to the store to grab some more. I have to eat all day long, some times it stays down, some times not. My MS went away between 14-15 weeks with my dd so I'm expecting the same this time around as well.

I totally feel your pain... I was horribly horribly ill from about 5 weeks until at around 7 weeks I was put into diclectin from my doctor. People told me to try: celery, sea bands, sour candy, sour Popsicles, mints, smelling peppermint oil, vitamin B6 crackers, mint tea, ginger, ginger tea.. To be honest, sea bands and diclectin is what I ended up using, and sour patch kid Popsicles. I am still on diclectin, but no longer need the sea bands.. I hope you start feeling better soon. Keep in mind that being sick is a good sign that baby is healthy and that your hormones are at good levels.. Also keep in mind that as long as you can keep your prenatals down then baby is getting what it needs from those nutrients and what's stored in yor body ( take your prenatals at bedtime too!- that way any nausea they cause you're sleeping through).. It will hopefully get better for you.. I totally know how you're feeling though. Drink lots of water, don't let yourself get dehydrated. Hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->