Second af

NatoPMT

Real life mummy
Reaction score
started this afternoon, pathetically started, then stopped 3 hours later.

No red blood, no cramps, just a bit of enthusiastic spotting, then zilch

My first af was shorter than normal, but only slightly lighter than normal - but it was way more af than this limp attempt at af

I had a BFN this morning and am 16 days dpo.

Ive had no sore boobs, but i was cramping from 4dpo on and off, and the cramping stopped a few days before af.

any ideas? im a bit scared, i just want to be back to normal. anything that doesnt seem normal seems like another hurdle in TTC

Thanks in advance x

Ah Nato, here I find myself again, trying to ease your worry. I swear I'm not stalking you! In this department, I've had a little more experience than you I guess. I'm on my 3rd AF after my second mc. I can tell you that my second AF started off with spotting just like yours. I totally thought AF was on her way. Checked a few hours later and there was nothing. We avoided ttc, so I knew I wasn't pregnant. The following day I had more off and on spotting. Finally, the day after that, AF reared her head. Often I spot before my period. From what I understand, if it is brown, it is old blood from your last cycle that is releasing as your body gets ready to shed the uterine lining. It is also a sign that your progesterone is dropping, thus you start to see spotting. My guess is that AF is right around the corner given you got a BFN. If you don't see AF in 3 days, you might want to call your doctor. Honestly though, I think this is pretty normal. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->