Second baby... Less movement??

LoveBubble16

Reaction score
Hi ladies, as the title says.. I am expecting my second baby and although I felt flutters very early on, and still do if I sit still long enough, they really aren't that often. My ds1 wriggled non stop.. I know it's still early, I am almost 18 weeks, I just keep having friends ask if I'm feeling loads of movement now.. And I'm like erm, no not really. So many people seem to notice lots of movement in subsequent pregnancies? Am I the only one noticing less?? My ds1 is 2.5 years old and is a little monster so I'm constantly on the go which could be a lot to do with it I guess. My first scan 5 weeks ago showed a very lazy bubba, they had me practically standing on my head to wake baby so they could get some good measurements lol.... Anyone else? Just curious to see if I'm alone in feeling less movement?

Xxxx

I'm not sure yet for myself because I'm only 16 weeks, but your placenta could be in a different place this time. Apparently you feel less movement if it is at the front (I think that's called posterior?).

I didn't feel much with either of mine till after 20 weeks but i have/had anterior placenta both times. It's only been since about 25 weeks that I've had loads of movement.

I've got anterior placenta and felt movement really early on but then it just stopped. I have only recently the past couple of weeks felt him more, and it's only been the last 5-7 days or so that it's been every day.

My second baby was a lazy one, too. He was a lazy fetus, I only saw him move once during the anatomy scan, and now he's a very chill 3-year-old who will run and play but has no problems with lying around. haha. He was an easy going baby, too, though, who never ever cried.

Hi ladies!!! Thanks for all responding �� I was wondering if maybe the placenta is in a different place to my last pregnancy.. I'm looking forward to feeling some strong, regulate movements! Xxx

My first baby moved non-stop. This one I've felt since 12.5 weeks, however I only feel him in my pelvis and sometimes pressure in my left lower abdomen. Found out at my 20 week scan that I have an anterior placenta, which I suspected when his movements didn't get stronger. But I do feel him moving a lot, only low in my pelvis area though.

18 weeks is still relatively early to be feeling a lot of movement. You could mention it at your next check up but I don't see it as reason to panic.

I'm 22 weeks today and while I've been feeling the odd flutter/popping sensation since about 19/20 weeks it's only been in the last week that I've really felt decent movement. Even now some days more than others. I guess it also depends on how baby is lying. I don't know but I suspect mine is lying with his back to my front so all movement is kind of hidden within me! A lot of the initial movement was quite 'deep' inside and towards my bum! The other night I was lying a remote control on my tummy and watching it wobble, but last night it wasn't happening so I guess he's turned round or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->