Second hand ISOFIX base

ickle pand

Mum of 1
Reaction score
I wouldn't ever buy a second hand car seat unless it was from a close friend and I knew the history of it, but we're planning on using an ISOFIX car seat base and I just wondered if anyone else had bought one of them second hand. I was just thinking that they seem a lot sturdier than the carseats themselves and because they'll usually be fitted and then left where they are, won't have been at the risk of being dropped like the carseat will have.

What do you ladies think?

Bases should be treated the same as the seat itself, so if you wouldn't buy a second hand seat, I wouldn't buy a second hand base. Yes, the base may not have been handled as much as the seat itself, but you still don't know for sure how it was taken care of, or if it was in a accident.
I do highly reccomend having a base for the seat though, it's so much easier!! I honestly don't understand how it isn't a necessity in the UK, here in Canada and US the seats always come with the base when you buy it...

Yes you're right. If anything happened to my baby because I'd wanted to save a few quid on the base, I'd never forgive myself. I'd probably be better off not using a base than getting a second hand one I'm not sure about. I'll just spend the extra money and get it new. That doesn't mean I can't sell it on once I'm done and get some pennies back lol!

Haha very true, just because your not comfortable buying used doesn't mean you can't sell it after. I just think if you wouldn't buy a used seat, a base would be no different. I'm sure there would be lots of people who are comfortable buying second hand seats, I'm just not one of them lol. I have bought other items used, but my seat and base will be new. Good luck :)

Yeah I'm the same. Love getting bargains but not when it comes to safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->