Second time mummies - question re: feeding

angelmum31

Reaction score
So when this little one is born my daughter will be 4. I hope to breastfeed but with my daughter I had difficulties and ended up expressing and using bottles. My question is this, is it ok to use the same bottles/electric pump for number 2 if they are so old or is it worth buying new?

I'd buy new, personally. Plastic bottles scratch and begin to hold bacteria over time no matter how much you try and sterilize them, same way with cutting boards. Some things are just worth getting new. I know I will be with this one and my DS will only just have turned 2 when this baby is born.

I used bottles for both and I found the plastic bottles that I used for dd1 were very worn when I pulled them out of storage for dd2. I used the same 4oz bottles because they aren't used for long but I did go get brand new 8oz bottles because they are used for a good year. If you find them in sale might not be too bad...

My bottles were battered despite only being used for a couple of months. I'd hope my pump would be ok for no 2 as it was expensive! I leant it my sil a while ago though and did notice it had gone a bit yellow :-/

I like you hope to be able to bf and I really struggled with my ds. I'm definatly going to buy new bottles, pump etc.

I was planning on using my daughters bottles since she hardly used them and they are pretty nice ones (comotomo) BUT I just looked at them a few days ago and the plastic is yellowish and they just do not look good to use in general. I will be buying new ones.

I would definitely buy new nipples at least. That's what I'm doing BUT i'm definitely getting a new pump!

I used the same breastpump for my 2 girls and plan to with this one aswell but for bottles i'd buy new for each baby, or just the teats at least :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->