Second trim flying

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I'm not high risk for anything - do I have to have special permission to fly ?

Check with your airline but as far as I know, you're fine with all of them until 27 weeks. Later on, you may require a "fit to fly" letter from your doctor. I'd just do a quick search for your airline and "pregnancy", that should give you their specific policies.

I agree with pp. I'd get a letter from doc anyway though if I looked obviously pregnant just to make sure there was no problems at the airport. I'll be flying to Belfast when I'm around 25 weeks and although it should be fine I'll be getting a doctors note just to make sure I get on the plane!

Nope, I just checked withe midwife to make sure. She was fine.

I flew 20 and 23 weeks and didn't get a letter but did have my maternity notes in my hand luggage.

I had no problems at all, I just drank loads of water, went to the toilet a lot for a walks round and wore flight socks

My doctor will give me a letter anyway as sometimes there can be delays and problems while they try and work out if you are as far along as you say you are. I'll be flying at 20 weeks for a 3 week trip and im already looking obviously pregnant now at 17.5 weeks

Technically though, most airlines say you dont need one until 27 weeks! as someone else said, flight socks are a good idea

I'm flying to NZ from Australia at 12+1 and returning 14+1 - checked with the Dr & she said it's all good to fly - It just when you get bigger - if you were to go into early labour, they aren't equipped to help all that much so it's a bit more of a risk to them :)

Depends on who you are flying but most say you can fly up to 32 weeks for multiple babies and 35 weeks for single babies.

If you are high risk, you need to check with your care provider, not the airline (how does the airline know you're high risk?).

Up until I was 35 weeks I lived in Belfast and flew with EasyJet back and forth to England all through the pregnancy and the only time anything was said was when my seat (allocated seating now) was an emergency exit and they simply changed it for me.

Always check with your airline though and their requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->