Secondary infertility probs

Beebs01

Reaction score
Looking for some clarity, suggestions, support from those who've experienced similar issues ---

My husband and I have been ttc #2 since August '14 without success. Since my cycles resumed in June '14 after having my son, they have been pretty irregular. I used to have a 28-day cycle on the dot, and now they range from 29 to 25 days -- usually closer to 25, 26, 27. I use OPKs and in the last few months, I noticed that I am getting positives earlier (day 10-11) -- I guess this could be explained by the shorter cycle but is seems way too early in the cycle..?

My blood work (estradiol, FSH, thyroid, and progesterone) came back normal and my husband had a semen analysis which was also "normal for count and motility but 2% morphology." Apparently they aren't concerned by this bc the morphology is not thought to impact chances of conception as much as the other two factors..?

I have a consultation scheduled w my doc on 5/5 but I'm going out of my head w anxiety. Anyone been here? Suggestions??
Thanks.

Pps opk on day 11 is great. Means u should o within 1-3days. Putting it on day 13-14. Once you get positive try foing it twice a day every other day for the week :)

It’s true that you can still get pregnant if you have low morphology but good sperm count. Chinese Medicine claim to be able to improve sperm quality, but again there is no proof that anything can be done to improve morphology specifically. I think, you need to focus more on right timing as of now, to maximise your chances. Hope appointment goes well. Good luck.

I don't know what the deal is. Both my pcp and my Obgyn - recommemded we bd every day during the fertile window and then every other day until day cd20 just to be sure, but we were pretty much already doing that anyways. Every month, according to FF, our probability of conceiving is high. It doesn't add up...is the high frequency effecting sperm quality or something? I don't know what else to think.

Thanks for the responses. :)

Every other day twice a day is actually better. Everyday can end up making unmatured sperm. Good luck at the doctor

My cycles are like clockwork (27 or 28 days) with my average day to O on days 10 or 11. Totally normal!

I am also experiencing secondary infertility...all my numbers are good - FSH higher but for my age, normal. My RE thinks it's fine though.

I did start taking Royal Jelly and Wheat Grass. I hear great things on both of these and that the full affect is 3 months.

FX for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->