Secret Baby Box

Jill72

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has a secret baby box stashed under the bed????? lol!!

I am confessing to a secret addiction of buying baby goodies and telling myself that I am just an excellent forward planner! I am about to start box two - ooops!

OKAY OKAY you have twisted my arm and as you probably suspected I also have a Baby wish list on Amazon - again, it is just forward planning!!!

I don't have one but I know lots of people who do, there is nothing wrong with having a positive attitude and looking forward to what you know is going to happen.

HI

I have goodies in a bottom draw, just need a little someone to fill them :)

:dust:

i have a friend who bought some baby things while TTC and i keep browsing the baby gap sales....

good point, it's positive thinking!

Not only do I have an ever increasing stash of baby items, I also have a selection of maternity clothes in waiting. Yes, I try them on in front of the mirror with a cushion stuffed up my top just to see what I might look like if I am ever blessed with a real bump.

i cant say that i do, but that's mainly due to my bad reproductive luck so far (2 mc's) so have sort of lost the glow and glitter that comes with hope. Not saying i dont have any hope just that having been there twice, i wont go there again until i know for sure its there to stay. Also, at my age id be to despondent if i had to give away all this stuff..so no.

Im gonna wait until i know i have a baby for it :)

But, hey, i dont see any wrong in you doing it - why not? Enjoy xxx

nona81 - had not thought about maternity stuff!!!! you got me going now!! lol!!

me to ive got baby things over from our others i just cant bear to part with.

walked through H&M and had a blur moment - got home and found a lovely navy blue baby grow in my shopping bag!!! oops! done it again!

I have a few baby things...I am drawn to pink, though...so now I mostly try to stop myself just in case I get blue. I don't want to be disappointed.

I do, however, have a HUGE maternity wardrobe already! One large plastic storage box...and too many things to even fit in it!!

umm.. i have totes and totes, i've been buying for years, clothes i find ON SALE.. like $10-20 things for $1-2.. can't beat it!! you have no idea!!! lol..

I have a stash of a few items. It's like my "baby hope chest." I always visit the baby aisles of the stores (Target, Macy's, etc) and dream. I was so hopeful in Babies R Us while shopping for a cousin, I spent over $100 on gifts. I have to restrain myself.

I hope you don't mind my popping in when I'm not 35, I just saw the thread on the front page as it's the last posted one.

I don't have a baby box personally, but my mom does for me (talk about pressure!) She's been collecting things for a grandbaby for years, and keeps buying me clothes from the consignment store that would "work for maternity wear" (is there an eyeroll emote). She doesn't even know I'm TTC and especially doesn't know I'm having trouble in that department.

Just had a delivery from Little Hills - well there was a sale on!!!!!!!:wacko:

E Bay!!!!!!!!!! bagged some bargains today!!! Have to strictly ration access to this!!!!!!

I had a suitcase full of stuff for years.I told people they where ideas and samples for a baby website I was planning lol

This is such a fab idea! I hadn't thought of doing this - I know people say not to buy a pram and stuff as its bad luck.......would you stretch that far or just stick with babygro's etc?

As for the maternity wear, another fab idea - I'm glad I stopped by on this thread!

Not only do I have an ever increasing stash of baby items, I also have a selection of maternity clothes in waiting. Yes, I try them on in front of the mirror with a cushion stuffed up my top just to see what I might look like if I am ever blessed with a real bump.

Nona, thats so lovely to read - I hope you don't have to use a cushion for much longer! You did make me smile! :flower:

Mistycat - be warned it is addictive and all your friends will think you are bonkers!! Any way as I am going solo on being a mum I need to spread the cost of buying stuff!! This is my defence!! just got a Tomy baby carrier on Ebay yesterday for £10 - it has hardly been used and it's full price is £50! bargain!! (think you would be able to get a good deal on cushions too! lol!)
:haha:
Jill x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back