Secret secrets are no fun.....

congrats!! i bet your OH is gonna flip!!!

Thanks! I can't wait to tell him. Every evening I just want to shout it out. 1 week to go. I can do this! I can do this! lol.

My good girlfriend just had a baby two weeks ago. I'm going to visit her on Thursday. She lives 2 hours away, so I dont know when I'll see her within the next month or two and want to tell her in person. I'm going to do it then.

As for how I"m going to tell her. We couldn't go out for our 30th birthdays since she was pregnant. She'll be excited to finally drink. I got her a bottle of wine to bring her but got a label from Etsy that says "Drink this for me, I'm a mommy-to-be!". She's waited so long for us to go out and now she'll be the one waiting.

That might help relieve the secret keeping. Just telling 1 person a week. lol. :thumbup:

That's super exciting!!!!!! Congrats!!! Your husband is going to be super excited!

Um... it's a great idea to give your hubby a surprise for his birthday, but how will he feel when he discovers he's not the first (aside from you) to know? My OH would be devastated if I told other people first.

Um... it's a great idea to give your hubby a surprise for his birthday, but how will he feel when he discovers he's not the first (aside from you) to know? My OH would be devastated if I told other people first.

Exactly this seems quite a few people will know before your hubby which isn't really fair IMO but obviously it's up too you.

^ same as PP, I would be worried that my OH might be hurt that I told someone before him, even with the aim of being a birthday surprise.

That being said, my sister knew before my OH both pregnancies, only because she was stalking my chart diligently and I told him face-to-face after work. He wasn't hurt by this, because he knew she stalked my chart rather than me telling her before him. But he did mention that he was glad I saved our big news for him first, then we called our parents together.

So that may be something you want to consider before telling your mom. It just may be something that hurts him, especially if this is your first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->