section booked 22nd june- few q's regarding pre-op and section

emmacook

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm booked in for an ELCS on 22nd June at Blackpool Victoria Hospital, I'll be 39 weeks exactly.
I had an EMCS with my son in Feb 2011 due to failure to dilate more than 5cm and he was a bit stuck (he also weighed 9lb3 so no wonder!) so i decided to elect for one this time.
My preop is booked for 20th june- 2 days before section- i know they will want blood, but thats all i know!
will i need to take a urine sample in?
where do they swab you for mrsa? (wanna be prepared if its guna be below the clothes line :blush: !)
do they weigh you?
what else happens?

The only thing i am really not looking forward to about the procedure is having the canular put in my hand. can anyone give any reassurance or at least tell me what to expect? I was high as a kite on g+a and pethidine last time so i cant remember and my viens are a nightmare to find on a good day.

i have a list of q's to ask at my preop about the op itself but these are the things that are really bothering me now!

Thanks , Em xx

Hi hun I had a c-section 12 weeks ago,

My pre op was done in a rush the day before my section because they decided they didn't want to let me go any longer as I was a week overdue already (was trying for a vbac) my pre op consisted of talking about the procedure what would happen, and what time to come into hospital that morning, was also given tablets to take one the night before and one a few hours before going to the hospital ( to stop acid) was also told not to eat after midnight. They then took bloods, and gave me a wristband with a blood code on it to wear the next morning.

Then I had to do my mrsa swabs which I did myself and they make you swab the inside of your nostril, back of your throat and the crease of your leg inside the groin, I did mine with my trousers still on lol. I didn't get weighed either my consultant guesstimated my weight for some reason! I then got sent home told to get my bags ready and relax ( unlikely when you know your having you baby the next morning)

Anyway I hope this has helped Hun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->