• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Section no 4

xxMumof3xx

Reaction score
After 1 emergency caesarian and 2 elective sections. I will be going in for my 3rd elective section End of June beginning of July between 2 and 3 weeks early that the 40 weeks.

I assumed that I would have to have my tube tied after this so have an appointment coming through for this with my consultant.

The only things is my first 3 children are one dad and this one is with a different person, this is his first child. And he would like another one.

Now i have said to him I was all ready to have my tubes tied and he has made me think twice. I also said I will see the consultant first and see what he says first before i commit to another. I al willing to maybe try again after this one, but have the rod in my arm for 3 years so I am fully healed.

My question is.. how many section is enough? I thought 3 ( this baby wasnt planned and all precautions were taken) But ive read about people having 6,7,8.... NO WAY do i want that many lol. But was just wondering :) x

I think they generally say its best to have no more than 3 but obviously noone can stop you getting pregnant so in theory you can keep going but it gets more and more risky.

Personally i wouldnt have more than 3 c sections i just dont think its worth the risk having like 8 sections, the thought of something happening because i didnt listen to the risks involved and leaving behind the other children would be enough to stop me from carrying on.

I was meant to say going in for my 4th elective section.

I agree totally with you. They wouldnt sterilise me after my 3rd, and with taken the pill and using extra precautions i still mananged to get caught pregnant which neither of us wanted. But now i wouldnt change it but the dread and worry is continually there.

I think there are a couple ladies on here actually going for their 4th section so your not alone, I'm sure everything will be fine and you and your partner will get to have your baby together so maybe its good that you didnt get sterilised.

I am a total wuss anyway though im scared to death of getting pregnant with number 2 because of having had a csection!

Thank you. Tbh with you a section doesnt scare me birth does after a traumatic 4 day labour with my first followed by em/cs, a c section seems a breeze to me give me that over tooth ache any day :). I did see the other ladies posts after i posted, im glad im not alone and can see other going through the same.

Just had my 4th csection a week ago & it was by far my hardest & also taking me a while to recover

Congratulations Kelly :)

Do you think it was solely the fact its your 4th section or that you have 2 little ones close together to look after while you are trying to recover?

I want 2 close together and im scared!

Congratulations Kelly :)

Do you think it was solely the fact its your 4th section or that you have 2 little ones close together to look after while you are trying to recover?

I want 2 close together and im scared!

I think it may be a bit of both tbh

The csection was complicated as my uterus was already opened! :shock: They said my previous scar had opened up inside & the only thing holding LO in was the amniotic sac!

I dont think the fact that I have moved house 3 times in 3 months helped me in the later stages of pregnancy :nope:

Dont be scared, as it can go really well for some :flower:

:shock: Crikey that is scary, I'm glad you and baby were ok though, i suppose it wasnt scary for you as you didnt know but still!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->