Security in hospital birthing units?

you have to buzz an intercom on our ward in rotherham and they just let the people in they dont confirm with the mums first who is hear which in your case may not work out favourably.
Have you not thought about reporting this person to the police as at the end of the day they are threatening you and its obvs you are scared you shouldnt need to be scared of anyone at such a magical moment in your life. The police could put some sort of bail conditions on them and then they would not be alloud near you or baby what concerns me is that even if this person does get onto your ward then it takes a while for security to get there at rotherham hospital and i kid you not there is about 5 security officers and 4 cctv cameras for the whole hospital which isnt the smallest hospital :-/
i dont mean to worry you but personally i would be in touch wit police xx

My immediate thought was to get a restraining order, however, because the FOB is in England, there is no way that the cops here would be able to serve him with one, so its not really an option.

I know what you're thinking "if he's the father why don't you want him there?" And that is because he's proven in the last 6 months that he's not a stable person. There were hints that I chose to ignore in our relationship, but ever since breaking off the engagement I have been harassed, and now the threats have started.

you have to buzz an intercom on our ward in rotherham and they just let the people in they dont confirm with the mums first who is hear which in your case may not work out favourably.
Have you not thought about reporting this person to the police as at the end of the day they are threatening you and its obvs you are scared you shouldnt need to be scared of anyone at such a magical moment in your life. The police could put some sort of bail conditions on them and then they would not be alloud near you or baby what concerns me is that even if this person does get onto your ward then it takes a while for security to get there at rotherham hospital and i kid you not there is about 5 security officers and 4 cctv cameras for the whole hospital which isnt the smallest hospital :-/

My immediate thought was to get a restraining order, however, because the FOB is in England, there is no way that the cops here would be able to serve him with one, so its not really an option.

I know what you're thinking "if he's the father why don't you want him there?" And that is because he's proven in the last 6 months that he's not a stable person. There were hints that I chose to ignore in our relationship, but ever since breaking off the engagement I have been harassed, and now the threats have started.

oh dear sorry to hear about this hun perhaps hand a picture over to the birthing centre and say under no circumstances let this person in as he is unstable etc as i know for certain were i live its so easy for anybody to get in although they do have cameras so they can see the person before they buzz them through so in the case of the picture they culd put it beside the camera with a note so all staff know :-/
you are best forewarning them and then security can be on alert in case he shows up :-/

Get the paperwork for a restraining order filled out and ready to go so that if he DOES show up to the hospital, and is in the United States, you've got everything all ready to go. Try to find a pro-bono lawyer (https://www.lawmoose.com/index.cfm?action=library.&topic=mn38) to make sure you're doing everything legally. (Not that I think restraining orders are really going to stop a crazy man from stalking you, but it's a good step in legal action protecting yourself against him, and hopefully violating it would be enough to get him kicked out of the country.)

Get the paperwork for a restraining order filled out and ready to go so that if he DOES show up to the hospital, and is in the United States, you've got everything all ready to go. Try to find a pro-bono lawyer (https://www.lawmoose.com/index.cfm?action=library.&topic=mn38) to make sure you're doing everything legally. (Not that I think restraining orders are really going to stop a crazy man from stalking you, but it's a good step in legal action protecting yourself against him, and hopefully violating it would be enough to get him kicked out of the country.)

Thats a very good idea. I have been thinking of getting a lawyer anyways with all thats gone on in the last couple of weeks. I'm concerned about my own safety of course, but I'm mostly concerned about this innocent baby, whom I love more than anything.

my sister had a similar issue in February. She already had a restraining order against her ex, but he was still threatening to turn up at the hospital even though he was not allowed near her, her daughter, or their unborn child.
She made sure that only me, and my mum and dad knew when she went into labour, and my dad took her to the hospital, and she thankfully had an easy delivery, and was out again and back at my mums just over 12 hours after being admitted. FoB didn't even know the baby was born until 3 days later. All the midwifes and the receptionist were made aware of him, and so she was asked permission to let anyone in before they were buzzed in.
She had to do a similar thing when registering the birth as he threatened to turn up at the town hall to force her to put his name on the birth certificate, so she went to register her in the next town to avoid him!

I would say, make sure that everyone is aware of your situation on the ward, and tell as few people as possible that you are in labour (no fb announcements etc!) and hopefully you will be out of hospital ASAP!x

I think the ladies here have given you some good advise, please follow it and do it now! For your own and the babys good! Good luck xx

I would take a photo of said person if you have one aswell as name and be very adamant you dont want them near you. They should be able to keep you safe whilst in hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->