Seeing Parents Naked

I don't mind being naked around my kids, I figure if it becomes uncomfortable for either of us we'll stop, but I don't want them to grow up feeling bodies are something to be ashamed of.

I would say my parents were a lot less open with nudity, especially my dad but we were all girls so that makes sense I guess. My mom was pretty uptight about it when we were young, but not when we were teenagers, kind of the opposite of some.

We don't hide nakedness in our house. My daughter is 4 and a half and my son is approaching two and a half. I have decided that I'm going to start closing the door when I'm changing and stuff like that, but if my daughter or son walk in on me, I will make no effort to hide or act like it's wrong. Not sure when my husband will make a similar decision. We haven't talked about it recently. However, if adults don't teach that it's weird or wrong, kids just accept nakedness as normal. We do talk about not being naked in public though.

This is pretty much what we do, too. I started closing the door to change a few years ago, and most of the time they knock if they need something. Occasionally they do just barge right in while I'm in the middle of changing, and I just don't make a big deal out of it. I'd rather they don't have uncomfortable memories of their parents being naked as they get older, but at the same time, I'm not going to make them feel weird about walking in while I'm in the middle of changing. If they get to the point that it really starts to bother them, then hopefully the closed door will actually click in their brain that they need to wait until I'm clothed.

OH and I set the rules when we had DD1.

Whilst I will not go out of the way to be naked, I will not hide either. The girls like to shower with me and sometimes sleep with me (I sleep topless if it's really hot).

On the other hand, OH is more discreet but if the girls walk in on him whilst he's changing, he doesn't hide, he just changes faster...

OH goes swimming with the girls but he does make an effort to hide the sausage in the changing rooms.

If they have any questions we try to answer them as truthfully as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->