Self employed and mortgage

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
Can anyone reccommend a bank that will do a good mortgage deal for self employed peeps ?

We were looking at going through Barclays but they wanted 15% deposit so basically around £20,000 !!!!!

I am self employed and so is my boyfriend so we are really struggling to find a bank that we can both self certify ourselves, anyone have any suggestions ?

Hi this is becoming so common nowadays because Bank's have tightened their lending policies now. Sorry only Bank I have heard of that helped my friend was Coventry Building Society but it had a high arrangement fee. Have you tried MoneySupermarket for help?

Hi this is becoming so common nowadays because Bank's have tightened their lending policies now. Sorry only Bank I have heard of that helped my friend was Coventry Building Society but it had a high arrangement fee. Have you tried MoneySupermarket for help?

No I will have a look thank you.

Its a complete pain as being both self employed makes it even harder and the amount they want as a deposit is ridiculous, plus solicitors fees and a bloody morgage arrangement fee would probably be cheaper and easier to just buy a caravan and live in that !!

have you thought of getting a mortgage broker to look for you. i got a great self cert deal a couple of years ago. saw my financial advisor last week as my oh is self employed. he has found us a few deals but am meeting him this week. i'll let you know if he comes up iwth something good. i know he mentioned nationwide. then again we're remortgaging in the future and have a 25% deposit. try nationwide though, failing that try a broker?? sorry, that's quite rambling! xx

hi ya i used to be a mortgage advisor myself came out of the business a long time ago though, i use a guy in wolverhampton who sources my mortgages, he will come out to you or you can go to him he will search for you and not charge you, if youd like his number let me kow and ill pm it to you, i trust him to do my mortgages 9i used to work with him and hes a lovely guy)

h x

Yorkshire bank have really good mortgage deals, and Abbey had some good ones to when i was looking a few months ago.

Most will want a 10%+ deposit though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->