Self Employed!

L

lepaskilf

Hi all, hope you're all well xxx

I was just wondering if anyone was self employed? I'm 15wks and finishing uni this month :happydance:

I'm also partime self employed. My OH is self employed too but work for him is scarse!

I'm really worried that we won't be able to afford LO. I know everyone feels like this at some point and just wishes they could win the lottery but is anyone else self employed? Will you be getting Maternity Allowance?

xxx

hi!
im self employed too-im a childminder (all the troops have gone home now yay!):happydance:
i can only afford to have 4 weeks off-thats all we have been able to save-im hoping to get the maternity allowance tho-it will help a little.
with the type of work i do not only do i need to work to earn money (ie not getting maternity pay from my boss 4 9 months) but i also have the worrythat if i have any more time off ater the baby is born then will the parents find another childminder?.........................
:shrug::wacko:

It depends on if you have paied your taxes. I am self emplyed (photographer), but unfortunately I don't even earn enought at the moment to pay any taxes.
And I don't get anything. We together with my DH do get child tax credits and those weekly payments for the child (child support I think?), but that is it.

You should have a look at the maternity grant (there are few cases when it can be given, one of those is if you are on a low income. It is £500 i think) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->