Self esteem :/

JayMari

Reaction score
So after my mom And dad found out I was pregnant, they decided to blame my OH. They constantly say things like "you're a beautiful girl and he got you pregnant so he can have you all to himself" and "you're beautiful and he wants to ruin your body and give you a baby so no one will want you." It's quite harsh and it hurts my feelings. It also makes me reevaluate things with my partner like could that really be his agenda. I have to deal with the post-partum body, he can walk away just fine and leave me for someone who's more attractive at anytime. My parents are just adding more stress and depression into my life, has anyone felt this way about their partners or felt bad about the way they'll look after pregnancy? I know bringing a child into the world is a beautiful thing and some things such as physical features are permanently scarred and damaged, but its still hard for me to accept that at only 18. :nope:

what horrible things for them to say :( your partner will still want you after having a baby, regardless of how it affects your body! Have you told them how awful and hurtful these comments are? Maybe they had some issues of their own when they had their first child :/ id talk to them and tell them to stop, you don't have to put up with that!

That's not very nice of them to say! I felt the same way, I felt my OH would just up and leave me. Most of the time I felt very low. But then towards the end, I realized, I was carrying his child. I was doing something nobody else had ever done, and that was the most beautiful thing. After I had Noah, I think my OH just fell completely in love with me. Watching me go through labor and birth, he told me he couldn't believe how strong I was. He knew I had just done something amazing. He seen me GIVE BIRTH! To his child! He seen his little man cone out of MY body. I think that opened his eyes so much.

Just remember, you're doing the most beautiful thing in the world. You're creating a human being. It takes a strong person to do that.

Once I realized that I gained so much confidence haha. To the point where I thought "if he doesn't think I'm the moody beautiful girl, screw him, he's blind! " haha. That was the hormonesthough I think. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->