Senior Thesis on Midwives

studentrachel

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rachel, and I am a sociology student at Lehman College. I am currently conducting a study on midwives. I am trying to recruit a group of midwives and the women who work with them to participate in a tape-recorded interview about their work as a midwife or childbirth experience with a midwife. Participants must be 18 or older, and participation is totally voluntary. Names will not be included in the interview, and all records will be kept confidential. I am particularly interested in midwives and women from Alabama and New York, but will welcome anyone who wants to participate.

If you are interested in participating, you can email me at rachel.furr @ lc.cuny.edu. It would also be helpful if you could share this with anyone you know who might be interested. Thanks!

Hi all you moms and moms-to-be!

I am posting here again because I didn't find any takers the first time around, and my study is in dire need of research participants. If you are interested in participating, please email me at rachel.furr @ lc.cuny.edu. Anyone who is interested may participate. If you agree to participate, I ask that you allow me to tape-record an interview (either by phone or in person, depending on location) with you that should not take more than an hour.

Thank you,
Rachel

I had a MW with my first and think that choice ended up in her death.

I'm sorry for your loss. Not all women have good experiences with midwives, just as not all women have good experiences with obstetricians. Blessings to you in your current pregnancy, and any future pregnancies you may have! If you would like to participate in this study, feel free to email me at the address provided above.

Hi Rachel,

I'm not in the U.S. so probably wouldn't be eligible to participate as we have a totally different system of care here (all births are with midwives), but I'm originally from New York and have lots of friends there who are midwives, doulas, and have had home births. I'm also a Sociology PhD student, so I sympathize with your recruitment issues. Send me a PM and include your recruitment information (flyer, etc.) and I'll forward it along to a few people. I'm sure they'd love to talk to you as this is such an important issue in the U.S.

Karen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"