sent husband to the grocery store.....

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
He went willingly and I sent him with a very specific list. I have a really hard time going now with being so big and uncomfortable and if I go, that means my 2 year old comes with me. Not worth the trouble.

the top two important things on it were paper towels and toothpaste. the rest was food stuff we needed.

Our son is currently obsessed with apples. like, he eats 2-3 a day, so obviously those were on there. As were a few other necessities.

He is the funniest shopper I swear. I, like most women go to the grocery store for 1-2 things and walk out with 30 and a $90 grocery bill. He, on the other hand, comes back with just that ONE thing, or if there are more than 3 items on the list, most definitely forget something, and what he does get is laughable really. He came home with 4 apples. That will last our family one day. I told him this and he, was like, well you need to tell me how many to get next time..:dohh:

he also never uses coupons (even the ones the sore has right in front of you, next to the item) nor will he ever venture from the list and get anything that isnt on there.

Are all men like this? :shrug: A sweet gesture, but I almost wonder if he shops this way so i will just say, Forget it, I'lll do it! :haha:

Oh yeah- and he forgot paper towels AND toothpaste. the whole reason I made the list. :dohh:

My husband is very similar! If I want him to go to the store I have to make a list and it has to be very very specific otherwise he a) wont get it or b) I will get a million text messages or a phone call.

The same thing happens to me..the most important items generally don't come home!
For example - I needed crackers to help with my morning sickness as I was feeling so ill and it was the only thing that I could get down. It was the only thing that didn't come home that trip!

I think my husband honestly really does try - he is just not used to getting the groceries.

Haha men I'm pretty sure before dh and I lived together he ate nothing but frozen stuff

One day I asked him to go to the store on his way home from work (the store is over 20 mins from home) the main thing I wanted him to get was lettuce...he came home with cabage :haha: man I laughed soooo hard but I was really looking forword to it for the hambergers. I still give him a hard time lol but if I were to send him to the store he'd come home with a bunch of junk food. I try to keep it out of the house cuz I don't have any self control around it and will eat it all in just days lol

My OH doesn't look for offers on items. I will do a 'big shop' for £100, whereas he will spend the same amount and come back with 3 carrier bags.

Thankfully no. Im the list maker, and sticker-toer. Hes happily run up every aisle and and buy everything if he.could! Lol

:rofl: at the cabbage instead of lettuce and the not bringing home the crackers! Men are strange creatures, arent they? Its so funny to me and i seriously cannot tell if he really IS trying or if he is trying to get out of it-lol!

lol My DH is exactly like me. Go in for these 5 items on the list, come out with way more than we need, but in all honesty it is stuff we do kind of need. (Like running low on Ziploc bags so just tosses some on there). And we both always look at the coupons right away at the store. Over all we are fairly good when it comes to food to just sticking to what we need lol.

Thankfully no. Im the list maker, and sticker-toer. Hes happily run up every aisle and and buy everything if he.could! Lol

My OH is just like this. I have to make a list when we go shopping or we end up spending twice as much! OH likes to walk every aisle and I HAVE to make sure he's eaten first or he buys junk, and lots of it! Unfortunately I dont drive otherwise I'd do all of the shopping myself!

I read your post wrong! I thought you meant he would go up and down every aisle searching for exactly what you need. Not getting things off every one! lol! Thats not good either! haha!

LOL funny!! I dont know what my husband would do, I am a control freak because its my job in a way, Im a stay at home mom so hes NEVER had to do this. I do know if he sees a coupon like on the toilet paper, he will grab all he sees for now and later and when he gets to the register he totally forgets! :haha:

Also he definitely is a wanderer of my list I make myself. He will throw everything into the cart including a $10 huge STICK of salami. REALLY!? :dohh:

My hubbie makes the list, so he does stick to it - except sometimes he'll randomly miss something off! He likes to get round the store in less than 10 minutes, he knows where everything is and heads straight to it - no browsing.

Me on the other hand, I can spend hours in there. Especially the big stores that have clothes, homewares, electricals......

He's not too bad if he has a list! But without a list he's awful! Can't remember a thing!

:haha: my dad's like that but my OH is the opposite...I do most of the shopping myself but when he comes along you'd think world war 3 was about to happen when he shops `cos I'd just buy one of a certain thing and he's adding extra supplies of everything in the trolley. Then he's like a kid in a candy store and keeps throwing in all sorts of treats for himself and telling me I'm a boring shopper `cos I never buy him the naughty stuff! He goes into a trance in the chocolate and biscuit section, bless him! x

My husband is better at shopping than me! We both update our list as we need things (we have a linked shopping app on our phones) and he is Great at deals, coupons, and all that. Guess I'm lucky...he does most of the shopping at this point..

My husband is better at shopping than me! We both update our list as we need things (we have a linked shopping app on our phones) and he is Great at deals, coupons, and all that. Guess I'm lucky...he does most of the shopping at this point..

wow- how jealous I am! Good man there!:winkwink:

Just out of curiosity...which app do you use? I think that would be a great idea!

My husband will get everything on my list and then half of the store. I have to go with so that he doesn't spend our whole paycheck!

My husband is the exact opposite....

First of all he doesn't grocery shop because he gets too irritated and never knows were anything is. So forget about a detailed list. I will tell him to run up and grab and Item or two, something manageable, and he comes back $200 later. He stresses me out because I "budget" grocery shop, my hubby on the other hand doesn't. Although he has gotten much better from when we first met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->