Separation Anxienty

Natalie&Karl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, been DONKEYS since i was last on here, but stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment regarding Mia who is now 11 months so thought i'd see if you wonderful people had any wrods of advice/wisdom!?!

Mia's just started nursery 1 day a week (mondays) and my mum has her on Tue and Wed (i only work part time!). Anyway, she settled into nursery fine and has only been for the last three weeks. For two of those weeks i've been called to collect her (1 being today, which my mum took care of!).

She has got REALLY clingy to me recently and when i take her to nursery she starts crying immediately and tries to hold on to me/crawl back to me! She gets really distressed.

Last week i was called as Mia had a high temperature, which we later diagnosed as a Viral Infection, she was antibiotics all week and was FINE all weekend and this morning, but i just had a call earlier saying i needed to pick her up because she was "teary" and had a slight temperature.

But what am i supposed to do? I cant keep leaving work because she's teary, i've been off work for nearly a year after having Mia and then a knee operation!

Has anyone else been through this? Any advice?

maybe she still didn't recover completely from the infection?

My little cousin went through this, he even recognised the road and started screaming lol! My nan used to drop him off and he would scream and cling onto her so she stayed for 10 minutes and went over to the other children with him and started playing, when he had calmed down she said to him that she is just going to talk to the lady who worked there and she would be back soon. As she didn't say home he was ok thinking she was somewhere near. Sooner than later he totally forgot and was fine. He did this everytime though :(

Yes Cheryl thats what Mia's like... perhaps i'll get there 30 minutes early and settle her in each time...

I remember when I had to go to nuresery firstly, I also didn't want to stay...

was about three years old though, but my mum said to me, I should try for one day and if I don't like it, I don't need to go there anymore!
and it helped, of course I liked it!

maybe sth like this will help, to give her the impression she is not forced to stay there without her will!

and yes, firstly to get her comfortable there and then you can leave.

Hi Mickey, she's too young to talk to and understand lol. Thats why its such a problem. She's only 11 months old, so we cant sit her down and talk about it :o(

yeah, I understand the problem.

is it any better now?

Well last MOnday we thought we'd let her Daddy drop her off and see if she was any better. She still did the crying thing initially and was apparently quite tearful but once she slept she was better and started playing etc. Although was annoyed to pick her up and see she was really sore down below!!

Contemplating getting a childminder!

Thanks for asking though Mickey x

Yeah thats what we think it must be - as she was absolutely FINE when we took her there!! So going to have words....!

Yeah, she's at nursery now. She clinged on to me for dear life this morning when i took her in - bloody awful feeling leaving her when she's crying!

Going to check her over when she gets home! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->