Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Congrats Acorn!!! So exciting :dance: And good luck with that ekg, let us know how it gets on?

William has been doing pretend play for a long while, back in August while we were working on the house he would "paint" with brushes and "sweep" the floors for us. It's so cute. He has quite a few words, but they are mostly just the beginnings of the real word, like "duh" for duck and "buh" for bug. His more is the cutest tho, he just got the hang of it, "Moar? Moar? Mum, moar?" Adorable. Didn't get to his 18 month check-up, was when we lost insurance and now that we are on a different plan we need to go to a different dr and I've put it off :blush:

We don't do "time outs" I don't see a point really at this age as they can't reason - their higher brain just isn't developed and in sync like an adults so they can't think about what they've done, or understand why it's wrong. Frustrating age for sure!

I had some typos in that message but I hope I explained it enough to have u all understand.

Kater what my doctor told me is they willstart to associate the word no with time outs. So when they r doing something wrong u tell them no and they don't listen u put them in the crib (as the crib is a safe zone). And once they start leaning it when u say no they won't do it anymore. But they will try n push there luck @ times. Yes he said they don't understand as to y u don't explain to them afterwards. U just take them out and put them back down to do there thing. So that's how they start understanding that they r doing something wrong.

We were team yellow the first time, but are finding out this time. Our ultrasound is on Monday!! I'm so nervous and excited to find out.

that's how we did it - yellow with Jacob, then we found out with Tobias - i liked going that way b/c i don't think we'll have more kids and i needed to cope with never having a girl before Tobias' birth. :haha: anyway, i can't wait to see what you're having on Monday - any guesses?

His more is the cutest tho, he just got the hang of it, "Moar? Moar? Mum, moar?" Adorable.

oh, my goodness - that's way too cute! "muh" for more is one of the few words Jacob actually uses - i don't know what i'd do if he combined that with "mumma"

Haha fides I am the same way. The first time it didn't matter to me either gender, and this time I'm hoping a bit for a boy. If it ends up being a girl, I'd like to know BEFORE the baby gets here so I can prepare a for not having a boy as this is likely our last. I was 110% sure Ella was a boy so I have no idea with this one! :rofl:

Congrats Acorn!!

We have no time outs here either....never thought of it. Lol. We don't really use a crib so he would go into panic convulsions I bet if I put him in his! That def wouldn't be a safe place in his eyes...

I'm another preggers! Just waiting to get out of terrifying 1st trimester that goes on forever after you've had a miscarriage...hoping for the best! About 6 weeks along....eeeek!

Kian's "more" is also heart melting. His voice goes higher by the end of his word "mowwaaaah?" "mowwah?" its so cute! Love the language at this stage. I'm sure a lot of the words outsiders wouldn't recognize, but its fun seeing it get better and better each day! The cute thing of this week is his head shakes "yes" and says either "yeaaaAA!" or "yesss". The whole body kinda gets into the head shake. Lol!

So, we decided to try the time out bit today and it's going really well!

Glad it's working for u. We will be working more on it this week. We can't do it this weekend because we are out camping and we got a outdoor baby gate with play space so that's what she in. So she really doesn't have anything here to be bad about. But I'm definitely Happy to hear it's working for u. Gives me hope.

I'm another preggers! Just waiting to get out of terrifying 1st trimester that goes on forever after you've had a miscarriage...hoping for the best! About 6 weeks along....eeeek!

aww, congratulations!! know what you mean about PAL - :hugs:

Haha fides I am the same way. The first time it didn't matter to me either gender, and this time I'm hoping a bit for a boy. If it ends up being a girl, I'd like to know BEFORE the baby gets here so I can prepare a for not having a boy as this is likely our last. I was 110% sure Ella was a boy so I have no idea with this one! :rofl:

so, were they able to tell today?

glad the time out's going well, Phantom. systematic ignoring still works for us, but that could change any day...

Acorn...I didn't see...congrats! when are you due???

I forgot to update in here that I lost one of the babies, but have 3 healthy triplets growing!!!

Thanks nypage! No time outs here either, but we may start soon. Lauren has started throwing things and pitching fits when she doesn't get her way.

Thanks DrGomps, we are pretty excited :) I am not 100% on the due date yet. End of January sometime (I'm guessing the 22nd). I wasn't charting yet since it was my first month off the IUD. I figured I'd wait until my cycles looked somewhat normal before bothering. Weird to not have an official due date! I'm sorry to hear you lost a baby! I hope the triplets keep going strong!

Lauren had her EKG. She was pretty upset about it. I don't think it hurt at all, it was just scary for her. Preliminary results looked ok, so nothing major wrong. We have to wait for a doctor to look at them and call with results.

Thanks nypage! No time outs here either, but we may start soon. Lauren has started throwing things and pitching fits when she doesn't get her way.

Kristin is dropping things for no apparent reason slightly more often than she's throwing them. We are trying to stop both but DH is the hard@$$ of the 2 of us. She's bad at pitching fits too but they aren't an every day thing.

Acorn, glad the results seem good, lets hope the dr says you guys are a-ok. Poor baby I don't blame her for being scared!

Lauren had her EKG. She was pretty upset about it. I don't think it hurt at all, it was just scary for her. Preliminary results looked ok, so nothing major wrong. We have to wait for a doctor to look at them and call with results.

glad the prelim results looked good

Kristin is dropping things for no apparent reason slightly more often than she's throwing them. We are trying to stop both but DH is the hard@$$ of the 2 of us. She's bad at pitching fits too but they aren't an every day thing.

yeah - Jacob drops a lot these days too (or just throws them) - we do a lot of over-correction/practice with handing things back and forth, only to have him toss/drop something again and start all over :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->