• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

oh my gosh! How exciting! Congrats!!! Are well all pretty much pregnanct again? Or have just given birth? haah!

oh, my goodness - congrats, Acorn! certainly some fertile myrtles in here! :haha:

How are all the toddlers? I love this age - so much easier than babyhood!! Jacob had his 18 mo appt and the doctor didn't like how he doesn't pretend play yet so we have to go back in 3 months, and she wants to get him into speech therapy, so we're trying to get that set up. How are all of your LO's doing?

I think I'm behind..... on lingo... hahah Pretend play? and how much does he talk?

I don't know if Cody pretends really?

Cody is both super fun right now.... and also driving me batty, he's learning a ton which is fun but the tantrums.... oy!

sorry - pretend play, as in copying/imitating activities or chores that we do, like pretending to sweep or something, or just pretending with toy objects, like stirring imaginary food in a toy pot or something - does that make sense? he repeats a lot of words after we say them but only uses of his own initiation 6-8, and she wants them using 15-20 by now.

oh wow--- Cody didn't have an 18 month check, but I bet they would have thought it was behind....

Cody has a keyboard and mouse "works" on computers with daddy but that's about it as far as pretending.

Cody has a good deal of sentences, but not really single words. And he only repeats if he WANTS to repeat.

Thanks guys! I am pretty excited....after the shock wore off, lol.

Lauren seems ahead on her speech, but I feel like a lot of girls seem to be that way. She was much slower to do physical things.

She is just getting into pretend play in the last few weeks. Not all that much when she went to her 18 month. They asked but she did some so they weren't worried. He might just need a few more weeks :)

Lauren has had a heart murmur the last couple of appointments so we are going in for an EKG tomorrow. They don't seem too worried, but just want to be sure it's nothing. Hopefully that goes well!

oh, wow - skipping straight to sentences - that's really neat! yeah, Jacob's the same on repeating - he'll repeat when he feels like it. :haha: in Cody's case, if he's saying sentences and not single words, he's obviously understanding a lot, isn't he?! i love coming on BnB and seeing how different toddlers are. :) i think Cody's mouse is what she's looking for with pretending - that he's at least starting with something - we still have 3 months for Jacob so i'm not too worried about it yet.

Thanks guys! I am pretty excited....after the shock wore off, lol.

Lauren seems ahead on her speech, but I feel like a lot of girls seem to be that way. She was much slower to do physical things.

She is just getting into pretend play in the last few weeks. Not all that much when she went to her 18 month. They asked but she did some so they weren't worried. He might just need a few more weeks :)

Lauren has had a heart murmur the last couple of appointments so we are going in for an EKG tomorrow. They don't seem too worried, but just want to be sure it's nothing. Hopefully that goes well!

oh, no! :hugs: i hope the EKG goes well - i don't know much about heart murmurs, so i really do hope everything's okay. please let us know how it goes. i do think a lot of girls tend to pick up speech more quickly - we start early and never stop! :haha:

Hey ladies, saw there was some activity so checking in. Kristin turned 18 months on the 13th and weighed a whole 20 lb 10 oz.

A little surprised to see that it hasn't been mentioned here yet that Dr. Gomps is having quads. :hugs:

Hi all. Ella's doing good she turned 18 months on the 19th. She is 25lbs 10ozs and 32" long. She does say lots of words but I think if u didn't know her u wouldn't understand what she says. We have been have lots of issues with her ears so we got a referral to go see an ent doctor. I've had chronic ear infections and tubes in my ear since I was a baby. So we think she might need tubes too. My mom is actually hoping she needs tubes because she thinks that this will help her speech a little better. When we took Ella for her 18 month check they didnt ask about pretend play and she doesn't do it. But the did give me some good advice about time outs for her bad behavior she's been having. And they also told me even tho we have a seven year old who has behavior problems we can still straight Ella up. Which I was so Happy to hear as I was afraid our seven year old would teaching her to be bad and than Ella would tech angel. And he also said if we straighten Ella out now we might not go thru this with angel. As for angel she's getting so fricken big I want my little 4lb 8oz baby back lol. She is fivemonths old as of yesterday. At her four month check up she was 11lbs 15ozs. So still itty Bitty. She rolls both ways now. She can sit unaided on my lap and a little by herself on the floor. She hates tummy time but I have been working with her where I put her down on the floor and laying in front of her trying to get her to scoot to me lol. All she does is laugh at me lol. I have a feeling more I do it the closer we will be to crawling and I won't have to constantly hold her. She is a major mommy's girl.

Oh and I just had to say I'm so proud of myself this time with breast feeding. We are now on month five of exclusively breast feeding. She won't even drank out of a bottle if it aint the nipple she ain't Happy lol. But we have been introducing veggies turn past few days she really likes carrots. (She don't like baby rice so that's why we are eating the veggies)

Bby - our doctor said we could skip the rice anyway. It's just for learning to swallow. We did do the tubs of oatmeal or mixed grains that are mixed with fruits for breakfast until she quit purees though. What did the dr say about time outs? Struggling with getting across the message that DD is in time out.

I'm curious about the time out as well. Cody doesn't understand and just screams and howls like we're killing him.

edit - didn't see the next page...

oh my gosh! How exciting! Congrats!!! Are well all pretty much pregnanct again? Or have just given birth? haah!

Hahaha seems like it!

Congrats Acorn!

ooh - you're 19 weeks - are you finding out the gender?

Hi all. Ella's doing good she turned 18 months on the 19th. She is 25lbs 10ozs and 32" long. She does say lots of words but I think if u didn't know her u wouldn't understand what she says. We have been have lots of issues with her ears so we got a referral to go see an ent doctor. I've had chronic ear infections and tubes in my ear since I was a baby. So we think she might need tubes too. My mom is actually hoping she needs tubes because she thinks that this will help her speech a little better. When we took Ella for her 18 month check they didnt ask about pretend play and she doesn't do it. But the did give me some good advice about time outs for her bad behavior she's been having. And they also told me even tho we have a seven year old who has behavior problems we can still straight Ella up. Which I was so Happy to hear as I was afraid our seven year old would teaching her to be bad and than Ella would tech angel. And he also said if we straighten Ella out now we might not go thru this with angel.

sorrry to hear about the ear issues - i hope they're able to help her if she's having the same problems ou did. :hugs: i'm sure they'll be doing pretend play soon. :)

We were team yellow the first time, but are finding out this time. Our ultrasound is on Monday!! I'm so nervous and excited to find out.

oooh...Kaite...I can't wait to find out what your having...

I have a scan tomorrow...a bit nervous to see how many are there still..

Dr.G! They're gonna see that one is actually identical twins and you'll have five!!! :rofl:

Well they asked me if Ella was still in her crib n Yes she is. So what he told me to do is when ur child is doing something we as parents don't like u firmly tell ur child know. At first they are still going to do it anyways so when they do it u pick them up and u bring them to there crib and walk away. They are going to cry but let them stay in crib with u out of the room out of sit.when the five minutes r up u go back to them and ask them if they are ready. If they stop crying go ahead and take them out but if they r still crying u walk away again and go back in a few mins. If they throw temper tantrum u get them n put in crib right away. I did it once with Ella so far n she cried but when that five minutes were up she stop crying and put her arms up. And he said don't kiss or hug them after and don't try n explain to them what they did wrong as they hear u but don't listen. And he said it's best to start now before the age of two as when there older it's a lot harder to get them under control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->