****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Hi ladies,

Laura, it seems a bit strange the way they are dealing with you? According to my measurements, my baby hasn't grown since I was measured on the 2nd of August which was 3 weeks ago, but I have to wait until next week to see if they decide to refer me for obs opinion on next antenatal appt... which is with my GP as my midwife is on holiday again!!! By the way, as we're close and going to same hospital etc I will be your text buddy if you're still waiting for one? PM me if you like!

I'm off to the hospital yet again this evening, I have only had one movement from baby today (although she has had hiccups as well) but they told me they had some concerns over it on Monday evening, and that paired with the growth issue has me pretty concerned! So I rang and asked for advice and I'm to go in again. Wayne is hoping they will scan me and get it all checked over properly but I have a feeling it will just be 20 mins on trace again and if everything is ok, off I go home again!

https://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Natural_Ways_to_Induce_Labor

Female orgasm has been known to open the cervix up to two centimeters. You can also ask your partner to gently stimulate your nipples, or heat up a towel in the dryer for a minute or two and place it over your breasts. This prompts the release of oxytocin. Do not do this constantly, however. For some women, contractions started within 20 minutes of doing this. If a half hour or so goes by, stop and maybe try it again another day.

*** Might try the warm towel thing - not sure whether it will work though

There are also tricks that involve “bumping” or “swinging” the baby into the pelvis or into a better positing for birthing. These include finding a park with a swing and swinging on it. You can also try driving down a bumpy road. Make a date out of it with your partner or a friend. Take a picnic lunch and do some light hiking.

*** Never heard of swinging on a swing!
You could also try visualization or meditation.

Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths-in through your nose and out through your mouth.
Get in touch with your body, starting with your toes and working your way up to your face.
Imagine a flower opening slowly as you breathe in and out.
Imagine what your baby looks like and imagine her being born, gently and peacefully.
Not only is this technique relaxing, but it uses the mind/body connection. A visual of being open and the baby being born might be the natural way to induce labor that you need.

***worth a try if you are into that sort of thing

:hugs: to laura too.

Hope some more babies start coming soon :wohoo:

Louise - I really hope everything is ok with Lilia. Keep us informed and good luck!

I'm sooooo tired. This is the first time I've sat down most of the day. I decide everything needs doing, I can't believe I'll be having a baby next week and I'm determined to try and relax and get some rest before then.
Got up this morning, cleaned up, showered, went out shopping right after, went all around tesco decided it'd be a good idea to make a curry tonight and get something spicy in me! I can't buy jar sauces because of the diabetes so I've had to marinate the chicken when I got in and prepare everything for that. Got a million different spices, even made the dough for my own naan breads in the microwave resting.

Feel really sick and headachey at the moment! back is killing me and I've had pain all down my left hip and back today. Walking with a limp isn't fun :dohh:

Also called in a little shop that sells bears today and bought Ellie a little special present for when she's born. It's a Charlie Bear named Dominic and I'm in love with it! she's going to adore him :cloud9: I think £45 is such a bargain tbh! I want him for myself :rofl:

Found a pic of him on google images since I dont know where my camera is
https://www.charliebearsamerica.com/picts/dominic.jpg

He's really quite big and all his limbs move around and his little bell jingles. Ooooohhhh I'm in love :D

Evening ladies...MW went well and I had a sweep!! :thumbup:
Baby is right down, i am really soft and stretchy and 2-3 cm dilated :happydance: (but this is no.2). Fx'd he comes this week. MW did say she hoped I had the biscuit tin full for my homebirth! :haha:
Had some bloody discharge but no pains, but my tummy is tight as I write this. :winkwink: I will be bouncing on my ball after dinner for all I'm worth!
She also mentioned that my cervix was easy to reach and about 1cm long, but unsure what that means.
I am so pleased that even if I make it to my induction next Tuesday I will be favourable and the induction should work much better!
If she was allowed she would have broken my waters but she is not. :nope: I hope by Friday I can update that I am in labour.
Sorry about the selfish post, but I am REALLY hoping this works.

Labour dust to those who are wishing their bubbas out and huge :hugs: to those of you waiting it out. xx

laura- babe im so sorry to hear that, i really hope they decide to go ahead and give you a c section or induce you, at least then you dont have to worry.. all this waiting cant be doing you any good x

Louise- hope all goes well at the appointment.. they normally induce if lack of movement becomes a problem.. your at a safe point to do that too x

carley- my hubby used to want sex all the time up until we had a 4d scan at 26 weeks, he now says sex isnt top priority and finds it strange while his daughter who now has a face is in there between us... Thats all well and good but him wanting sex was the only thing that made me feel he wanted me.. I dont really want sex but i want him to still want it!!!

Good luck for all the other girls waiting for labour to start xx

Thanks for kind words ladies, we're going to the hospital shortly, just waiting on teatime!

I took some bump pics last night so thought I would put them up, take my mind off things for the meantime!

This is my 38+2 bump... any thoughts?

38+2 bump.jpg

38+2 bump 2.jpg

Wow! you've popped so much since I last remember(about 33 weeksish) and I think we have the same camera :haha:

Lovely bump. x

Hi ladies

I could do with your advice please? For the last 3 days I had what I thought was increased discharge as my underwear was constantly wet (sorry if TMI!). Today I have had it again and a bit more this time including lower abdominal pain and backache. Whilst the pains are not constant I'm a bit concerned as discharge has a yellowy tinge to it. Do you think this could be my waters leaking or just normal pregnancy stuff?

Didn't have any of these symptoms with my daughter so am a bit confused.

Thanks

Louise - your bump looks so different! Hope all goes well at the hospital tonight x

Blondie - my discharge has a straw coloured tinge and the MW said that is normal

Teeny - hope the sweep works

So, was anybody planning on calling their baby Florence and now changed their mind because the Cameron's have used it? My MIL's middle name is Florence and has suggested that if we have a girl we use it on numerous occasions. I like the name but my Mum would freak if I used a name related to my MIL and not to her. I've got the perfect excuse not to use it now, without offending my MIL :happydance:

Genies Girl I live in Bucks. Are you in the South too? So Lady Kara I'm not too far from you I guess. Middlesex is only 20 mins or so away from me.

Thanks so much for setting up that page Limpetsmum and of course I don't mind you using the first page!

Laura it's really up to you hun but I would personally wait as it's still so early and you could be dilated for a few weeks naturally. I'm not sure why your Dr is suggesting to do a sweep so early.

Daisybell your mw appointment sounds just like my last one. Baby not engaged and my next appointment will be 40+1. I was told though that I would be allowed to book in a sweep at that appointment but they recommend doing nothing until 41 weeks. It's so frustrating isn't it when you don't feel like it's progressing but like Emzy said yesterday, things can happen really quickly so I'm trying to stay positive now.

Jessica that is mad. Do they realise they haven't seen you for so long? I would insist.

Carley that sounds a bit like me and dh. :hugs:

Hunnycat you must have been really worried but I'm glad LO is ok. x

Louise I really feel for you and your situation both with the LO and the blimen ex. Thanks for the update. I really hope the court will just laugh at her. I know I would.

Good luck to Choc and Brownsie!!

Blob it's so hard isn't it and I think you probably are the furthest along. I had a bit of a melt down yesterday but I've still got a week until my EDD. I guess it's just because I was so convinced he would be here early.

Wow Teeny how was the sweep? I can't remember why they were doing one so early? My mw told me it's not even an option until you go past your EDD.

I've been getting period type cramps with my BHs today but they seem to be getting less frequent which is a bummer. Still only got internet when I can use my dh's computer so again don't worry if you don't hear from me! I'll get Little A to update you all if I go in to labour (please please please!!) x

Emma :hugs: thanks hun..least you know your LO will be here soon!!

Jenos i was also told i wouldnt make it...now they have TOTALLY jinxed me :rofl:

BTP gawd think i would be kicking up stink in order to get a scan now :lol:

Oooh missed a page :dohh:

Teeny how come you were given a sweep... i must of missed that :dohh: But sounds positive :D

Louise gorgeous bump hun :flower: Funny that your bump has grown but your girly hasnt :wacko:

Sorry I did see the consultant aswell today - They just cant decide what to do with me ! :nope: That was my thought though MrsJ08 - That they can't be overly worried or they would of kept me in today and not ask for me to go back 2 days later.

Louise - I think its because I am being consultant led anyway that it may be different. Ive cancelled my last 2 midwife appts as there was little point in seeing her when I am seeing my consultant every 2 weeks anyway. They did say today that if I get worried about movement this evening or tomorrow then to go straight in and get another trace done instead of waiting until Friday. Will pm you my number aswell Louise (Thank You xx). And good luck this evening. Hope they can get you sorted.

Bekklez - Hope your back and hip pain ease off. xx That bear is gorgeous by the way !!

Hugs and :dust: for anybody else that wants it. xx

Teeny Weeny - FX'd that you get somewhere before Friday.

Ladykara - Thank you - I kind of went in thinking they may say yep were looking at induction so I am hoping for aome proper answers on Friday now instead.

What's everyone doing tonight?? It's very quiet!! I'm boooorrrrrreeeeeed!!

Louise i hope they decide to induce you hun xx

Bekklez that there bear is too cute...where is he from!?!?! xx

Having to check in from my iPhone as we have the blue screen of death on our pc!

We had the health visitor over today who was lovely- now have the 'red book' for baby, which is kind of wierd as I'm still getting my head around the fact there's actually a little person in there!

Having a lot of backache and pelvic aches today, and feel like baby is in the way when I sit down so think baby is engaging - won't find out for sure til next weeks appointment though.

Sorry for selfish post, thinking of you all :hugs:

Louise, gorgeous bump and good luck at the hospital xx

Laura, hope they make their minds up about what to do for you xx

Teeny, hope the sweep works!!!

Bekks, cute bear!

F&C, I think most of us will be late!!!

Well been to pizza hut for tea, was yummy!! My back has been so achey today, just had a nice relaxing bath and it still feels sore and my bump is aching too! It feels so hard and uncomfortable!! Just watching a bit of Gok, I can't wait to go out and buy some new clothes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->