• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

Gracie Iris May was born yesterday (08/08/14) weighing 6lbs 3oz :) She's in the special care unit as she had some trouble breathing but she's doing brilliantly and hopefully we'll both be discharged tomorrow. She's absolutely gorgeous and we're all smitten! I'll add a pic when I can xx

Congratulations, I hope that you both get discharged asap.
Xx

I would like to Join !! last minute but thats meee :happydance:
Im due September 4th.. currently 36 wks..secretly hoping to go into labor in the next 2 weeks, so tired of being pregnant lol...:coffee:
the countdown starts!!!!

I would like to Join !! last minute but thats meee :happydance:
Im due September 4th.. currently 36 wks..secretly hoping to go into labor in the next 2 weeks, so tired of being pregnant lol...:coffee:
the countdown starts!!!!

Welcome Kandi! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't believe how close all our due dates are now. Im so excited! Do you know if your having a boy or a girl or is it a surprise??

How are you ladies feeling at the moment?

The only thing I'd like to say is: I'm NOT leaving the house anymore, unless it's for midwife/birth class appointments :nope:

We went to a shopping centre yesterday and I had the worst time ever.
Even my FIL, 75yrs old, was more mobile than I am.
The pain in my hips and feet are just too much.

I'm off to do a puzzle now..well, that's until my swollen fingers tell me to stop :dohh:

Hi ladies well my little man was born yesterday by csection :) August 15th 18.48pm weighing 7lb 9oz not bad for 3 weeks early :) he's currently in the special care nursery cos of his low blood sugars, I'm breast feeding then he gets topped up by a nasal tube if he needs it!! Apart from that he's doing good feeding well!! I'm up and about and feeling a little tender but generally not bad!!

Congrats kezmama! My eldest had low blood sugars at birth too. Hope he can leave special care soon xx

Hi ladies! My two little men were born august 16 at 3:15 and 3:16pm. Matthew weighed 4lb6oz and Vincent weighed 5lb6oz. I was 34 weeks 5 days the boys are doing great and will be in nicu for a week!

Lauren, you were my due date buddy :) Congrats!

Had my little man yesterday. I was due sept 12 but apparently drs were saying aug 17th. I was scheduled for a csection sept 10th. Friday aug 15 we decided tk go visit my ohs parents who live an hour and a half away for the weekend sjnce we didn't have my other 2 kids and we knew we would not see them again till the ecs. So we got there about 9 am and j had slight cramping then I started losing bitsof my mucus plug. So at 130 am aug 16 they were contractions every 7 mins. So we went to hospital and I was 1 cm dilated. Not good since I was to have a section. Tgey moniter ed contractions and they were getting more painful so theg checked again and j was 3 cm dilated sk they said j had to have a cse tion. Soon j was prepped and ready to go.
Dominic christian alexander was born aug 16th at 651am. His gestation was 35 weeks 3 days. He was 18.5 in long and weighed 4lbs 12.8 oz. He was sent to nicu. He was doing well so this evening they koved him from under the heat lamp to a.little bassinett. Now they are saying if he cant get his heat up they may have to put him baxk under the lamp. The big thing though is nursing. I got to nurse him the first time at 100pm. He nursed very well about 10 minutes per side. When I teied nursing at 8 pm he wouldnt do it. Same with thr 12am feed we just did. I feel like a horrible mom. I jusst wish he would eat. The sooner he eats the sooner we can go home as that is the only concern thankfully.

Attachments

• 20140816_131816.jpg
    20140816_131816.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 3
Congrats to all the mamas!!

Candice I hope nursing improves, I'm sorry it's been tough :( keep trying! Did you nurse your older two?

Amali Anne was born 6th August at 35+4 via emergency c section weighing 4lbs 6oz. A week in hospital and we came home. Can't believe my baby girl will be 2 weeks old in 2 days time. :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
Wow, congratulations on all 10 babies born so far! Getting scarily close now, exactly 1 calendar month to go today for me, baby not lying in head down position still she changing from transverse and oblique lie, got my consultant appointment on Thursday so see what she says.

Jessica - my bub is lying oblique breech too. I'm off to the hospital now for a ecv to try to turn him. My hospital has a 50% success rate so keep your fingers crossed for me. I really want to have a natural birth as I had surgery for an ectopic pregancy last year and don't want to go through it again!

At 35 weeks there's still time for your bean to move by himself. I'll keep everything crossed that he/ she does for you!

Jessica - my bub is lying oblique breech too. I'm off to the hospital now for a ecv to try to turn him. My hospital has a 50% success rate so keep your fingers crossed for me. I really want to have a natural birth as I had surgery for an ectopic pregancy last year and don't want to go through it again!

At 35 weeks there's still time for your bean to move by himself. I'll keep everything crossed that he/ she does for you!

Thank you :) Good luck at the hospital I really hope it works for you.
It hasn't been mentioned yet about the ecv to me but if it is offered me and husband have said we will refuse it. I had an appendix operation at 21 weeks so even with the small pressure of them feeling for the baby's position really hurts me so there is no way I would go down this route and there is no guaranties even more so with an unstable lie.
I will have my fingers crossed for you today :hugs:

Thank you :) Good luck at the hospital I really hope it works for you.
It hasn't been mentioned yet about the ecv to me but if it is offered me and husband have said we will refuse it. I had an appendix operation at 21 weeks so even with the small pressure of them feeling for the baby's position really hurts me so there is no way I would go down this route and there is no guaranties even more so with an unstable lie.
I will have my fingers crossed for you today :hugs:

My baby was lying oblique too at my check up last Thursday. Got an appointment at hospital tomorrow to check lie and discuss options etc.

How did your ECV go Hilslo?

Not great news. They wouldn't perform the ECV as apparently they will only do one if the baby is vertical breech, not oblique breech (so why waste my time to bring me in again to tell me??). Instead, unless he moves I have to get a csection. To make matters worse, as there is a risk of cord prolapse (ie if I start to go into labour there is a chance that the cord will come out first rather than the head or feet). Apparently that is seriously bad news so I am being admitted to hospital on Monday and if I don't go into labour beforehand (and baby has not turned by itself) I will get a csection at 39 weeks.

The thought of a week stuck in hospital being bored out of my brain is not thrilling me, especially when I have so much more to do at home before baby arrives (decorate nursery, get builders to finish building work, wash baby clothes etc!)

I really hope you guys get better news :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->