* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

it seems the actual sickness is tapering off for me . (knock on wood!) I still have the nausea.. it got kinda bad last night, swore I was gonna hurl but just ate some mini wheats and fell asleep. I've noticed eating small things helps me.
to whoever said they were going to London that is awesome ! lol. u know how many ppl in the states pay bookoo bucks to go there ?! lol.
last night dh got a call from work (he's an elevator mechanic) at 1130 pm . he works in Washington, D.C. so he had to go there and come back home then back to work this morning , poor thing . but he did stop and get me the bacon egg & cheese biscuit I was craving on his way home! it was in the fridge when I woke up this morning .. so sweet! lol.
I'm starting to feel my bump now .. mainly in the morning . I didn't get one with dd until about 12 weeks but they say the 2nd pregnancy you usually show more quickly .

My dh is a lift engineer, although works for himself and doesn't do call outs bit often works nights on the London underground so the hours can be unsociable.
It's so tough isn't it :hugs:
Xx

he actually only takes calls for some of the on call guys from time to time if they have something going on , other than that he typically works regular business hours since its mostly federal govt buildings but it def. can be tough sometimes but he enjoys it.. his whole family is in the trade and they all have made very good livings from it so we are thankful :) I've noticed in other countries they are called 'lift' engineers/mechanics .. & here it's 'elevator' lol.. so do you guys call it an elevator when you get on one or do you call it a lift? haha I'm sorry I am just still intrigued by differences in cultures ! :) I need to get out more i suppose lol .

No it's rarely called an elevator, we call it a lift.
The whole family also been in the business years!
It's a popular profession in our county as it used to have a very large company based here and we have the national express lift Tower in the town.
Fil was an apprentice at 16 in for express lifts and grandad was also in management there. They set up a separate business and dh has pretty much worked for him ever since but then 5 years ago they sold up and re set up a small company just fil and dh and they employ bil.
It's quite interesting work and there's plenty of money to be made.
Xx

Hi Ladies,
Lovely news with all your scans.
Can't wait for mine on Friday now.

Feeling really ill today, headache is awful, seen the doctor and BP is normal but has told me to take it easy in work. If it doesn't ease then I'll have to go on sick to rest.

How's everyone else doing?? x x x

Hope your headaches improve Lady Luck - I had those so badly with my first, it was debilitating!!!

Qwk -thanks. Hard to know if it's the pregnancy or my sinuses. Just want it to go, making work almost impossible. Feels like my heads going to fall off & paracetamol isn't doing anything. X x xxx

Hi Ladies,
Lovely news with all your scans.
Can't wait for mine on Friday now.

Feeling really ill today, headache is awful, seen the doctor and BP is normal but has told me to take it easy in work. If it doesn't ease then I'll have to go on sick to rest.

How's everyone else doing?? x x x

when I was pregnant with dd I got the most debilitating headaches ever! I was only 18 at the time so I didn't know much about pregnancy an what I was supposed to take so I took my uncles 800mg ibuprofen every time I got one .. Tylenol wouldn't do crap. then the doctor was like no no no! u can't take that! lol I was like oops. but she turned out fine ;) I also would lay in the dark with no noise until i fell asleep . it went away after my 4th month .. I hope you feel better soon!

so far I think my throwing up is gone. I have gotten sick a total of 3 times between week 6 and 8. & my nausea (which was bad everyday) is minimal now. thank baby Jesus, please stay gone!

I feel your pain ladies with the headaches! Had my first dr visit today. Twins are doing good excited for my 12 week scan on the 10th!

Had my first visit yesterday. Posted the pic in first trimester but wanted to put it here as well. HB at 160 and bouncing like mad. They moved me up three days too!:happydance: now 10w6d instead of 10w3d.

Attachments

• Baby1.jpg
    Baby1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 3
Hope everyone is well and welcome to any new mums!

Things are well here and we are enjoying half term. DH has the week off of work so Avia are happy around! Found out he didn't get the job he was going for but if anything it's a bit of a relief since it would have involved us moving across the country.

How is everyone doing? X

I had my iud removed on Nov 20th and got a bfp on Dec 20th, so right away!

Morning everyone. ANOTHER damned cold here, been up since 5am as I just couldn't breathe laid down. Sinuses and ears are very, very uncomfortable. DD took one look at me and tried to force feed me her bottle - clearly she thought I needed it more than she did!

5 days to scan, so ready for it now. Will be DHs first time seeing the baby, and DD is going to have to come too so will be interesting to see if she has any reaction or concept of the baby.

Can I get an opinion on some names please ladies?!

Which do you prefer - Emma Madeleine, Anna Madeleine, Elsa Madeleine or Cora Madeleine?

Can't agree on a second girls name so have turned to BnB for some help! My favourite is Cora and although DH likes it, he doesn't love it...yet. We adore Anna and Elsa (particularly Anna) but we know that due to the success of the Disney film Frozen, both names are likely to rocket in popularity, Elsa more so as it was more uncommon to begin with. Emma was his pick and I like it, I just can't see us having a baby Emma.

I really like Cora! And Elsa is probably my second favourite. All of them are lovely though. My name is Emma so obviously I'm biased but I do know what you mean about a baby Emma. They're definitely not babies for long though and I can imagine a toddler Emma xx

Dinah - that sucks! I've had a whopper of a cold also, I'm at week 2.5 and it's almost gone. Talk about adding insult to injury!!

Leah - I like Cora too, def my fave of the ones you listed :)

Well dh and I are stuck on names, dh likes Victor for a boy, we both like violet for a girl, I like evangeline and georgiana, we liked scarlet before his skanky second cousin called their daughter skarlett xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->