****September Stars!!****

ooh yeah chesse - can't get enough of the stuff!

happy v-day teeny-weeny! :happydance:

Halfway point for me today whoop whoop! :yipee:

Bloody weather, everytime I get ready to take Murphy out it bloody hails!!!! Think its trying to tell me something!!

Ha Amy!

Does anyone use any pregnancy/parenting chatrooms? I was looking for one thought it could be fun but they have closed the one on this site.

Also for people that have questions and don't want to disturb their midwife cow and gate website opperates a 'live chat' thing with midwives mon-fri 9-5 so you can just nip on and ask a question and get an answer straight away. Thought it could come in handy for us girls.

Yaay for V day hun :)

I dont really have cravings TBH i just want to drink juice ALL the time :wacko:

Haha. When someone asked me what I was craving I just said "Food" too. For a while I did have a thing with Onion Bhajis, it was so strange. I just wanted to eat them all of the time, never have before and never have since! that passed about a month ago :haha:

Hi ladies

I haven't had any cravings although I'm quite keen on Nestle Clusters Cereal at the moment. I was hoping I would get some really wacky ones.

I've been to see the Consultant - it was fine, I got myself for stressed for nothing. I heard the babies HB again - baby was wriggling so it was swinging between 145-150bpm. Everything was normal she checked my urine (no protein this time) and blood pressure. They have told me to start taking my asthma medication again, they think stopping it was bad advice from my GP as the steroids don't cross the placenta. They told me they would like me to have a "weight neutral" pregnancy so are happy that I've lost some weight. They have decided to give me extra scan's although they didn't explain why, just to check growth is normal apparently. I'm not complaining, at least I get to see Jellybean again at 28, 32 & 36 weeks :happydance:

Hey Girlies!

happy V-day teeny! it's so great to see everyone becoming viable - can't wait to say I am! :happydance:

Louise - i LOVE that t-shirt website. I could spend SOOOO much on there - i've seen 2 baby vests which I am definitely buying for OH for father's day.

Great to see that people's scans & appointments are all going well :thumbup:

As for me... well, I had a bad day yesterday. I moved in with OH in March, and because I'm not working (and he is), we had to re-apply for tax credits. I didn't think we'd get them (he earns quite a lot) so was really surprised when they gave us over £100 a week! I called and questioned it, but was told everything was fine, and that's what we were entitled to (inc. all the back pay to march).

Yesterday, i finally got the paperwork through. Whoever processed my claim has got my OH annual expenses and salary mixed up, and based it on him earning £103 a year. So now, not only are we eligible for only £10 per week, but we owe them over £1000 what they have given us already (most of which I've already spent in mothercare / ikea).

I cried all day, especially as I'd called up twice before and were told that it was definitely correct. I didn't worry about the paperwork, as I know that they are busy with the renewals forms etc.

Apparently now you don't need to be able to tie your own shoelaces to work for the inland revenue. My OH works for the Police, yet whoever processed our claim didn't query an annual salary of £103.

I still feel like crap today, it really shook me up and put me on a major downer. I had financial difficulties when I had dd, but I thought it would be different this time :cry: We'll manage fine, but it just hurts to have my hopes raised and then shattered like that. Plus, now I can't be the stay-at-home mum like I wanted to be :cry: I don't want anyone else looking after my baby like they did my DD - she was in nursery from 5 months old :cry:

Sorry for the rant ladies. I know i'm in a much better situation than some, and I can't wait for bubs.

Tax credits are a nightmare, unfortunately they keep messing things up for people! The same happened to my sister and she ended owing them nearly £3k! She paid it back bit by bit! They really do take the mick, seeing as you querried it and contacted them.

:hugs: optical I can't believe they didn't question a salary of £103!
you did all you could to make sure it was right so they are totally at fault - I'm sure they can't make you pay it back all at once?

hi ladies!

Just sneaking on whilst Nathan has a nap...unexpected to say the least as he has been fighting sleep the past week!

MrsJ fab news...I too am getting growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. I am larger and had diabetes with Nathan so they are doing it again as my chances of avoiding the diabetes this time round again is very slim! But I am over 23 weeks and still no sign. But it caught me at 28/29 weeks last time.:cry:

Optical:hugs: It makes me so angry to hear this as you DID call twice to query the amount and no one even thought that an annual salery of £103 in the police may be wrong?:shrug: I hate the way they make th emistake and then its the innocent that pay:growlmad:Are the expecting a lump sum back or are you having to pay in instalments? I would call again and complain stating you called twice to query and NOONE picked up on the huge error! Hope you feel better about it soon:hugs:

Ohh better go I hear the tones of a small boy awake upstairs!!

Emma.xx

Thats awful about the tax credits, I would go to citizens advice and see if there is anything you can do.. they can not make you pay them back all at once if it will mean compromising your 'quality of life' - especially as it was their mistake and not yours! Make them an offer to pay it back at an affordable amount to you, ie £50 a month.. yeah it'll take a long time but it was their mistake, at least they're getting it back!

Happy V day teeny! Also happy V day to drazic who seems to have disappeared!!
Happy halfway Mrs N, glad scans are going well to everyone else!

I'm still in a lot of pain over here, started wondering if it was ribs moving around, goodness knows, i can't get an appointment with the doctor because you have to book your illness a week in advance at my docs... I spoke to my lovely midwife who suggested it's either a sickness bug thats doing the rounds, in which case hang on till tomorrow when I see her as she doesn't want me in hospital if i have a bug, or it could be a kidney infection, so i'm going to an emergency clinic tonight to be tested for that... I can't see that its a kidney infection though as the pain is mid way up my back, and higher, and in my stomach above my belly button! We'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->