September Stars

hey mums, just a few questions

is there anything you planned or swore you would/wouldnt do which changed now baby is here...?

How soon can you bath them? (sam already is having them i see..lol)

who is breastfeeding and does it hurt at the start even if you do it properly?

Love seeing the photos guys... im so jealous xx

Hee hee LadyK!!

I have nothing which I have changed since he arrived. I think though, that he is so good, so he's not posed any big problems so far. When Jack was this age, I had sworn I wouldn't have cuddled a baby all day long, but he screamed so much that we had no choice, we had to pass him round and take turns. Sam is lovely!

Sam had his first bath about 20 hours after being born. I wasn't going to do it so soon, but the other two wanted to help and I didn't have the heart to say no!! I did say I wouldn't bath a new baby every day before he was born (see I have contradicted myself already about that!), but he likes the bath, and also seems to be the type of baby who likes routine, so I am continuing with an evening bath every day to give him a prompt that it's nighttime!

I'm breastfeeding. Sam seems to be a natural at it, and has been from the word go, but he has a very strong latch and suck. I was in agony from about 18 hours after he was born to around a week after. I got the lanisoh on prescription, and I am very careful about how he latches on, but we seem to be doing okay now, and my nips are not sore now. They WERE blistered and cracked but are healed pretty much.

Your turn soon............. we are so off schedule, I am only just about to have tea/supper now!! Ah well, it's worth it!! :cloud9:

hey mums, just a few questions

is there anything you planned or swore you would/wouldnt do which changed now baby is here...?

How soon can you bath them? (sam already is having them i see..lol)

who is breastfeeding and does it hurt at the start even if you do it properly?

Love seeing the photos guys... im so jealous xx

i was told not too bath them until
the cords fell off and only occasionally in the beggining, i havent done it yet but plan it to be our night routine when we start.

im bottle feeding but im not overly happy with the make of bottles we chose.

Tonight its layla who is unsettled but im hoping she will settle soon, i just weighed myself two stone lighter two babies gained!:thumbup:

Well done genies! I am gonna weigh myself at my mum's next time I go. Last time I weighed myself there I was shocked!! Didn't like the numbers that came up at all!!

Hi all! I'm officially allowed in here woohoo!!!!!!

We got shown how to bath Lilia at the hospital.. I wanted to see them do it as she has soooooooo much hair I was a bit worried about washing it! I haven't bathed her at home, just topped and tailed her this morning, will probably wait another day or two before I do, although I was told not to worry about getting the cord wet!

I swore that I would be letting the cord stop pulsating before it was clamped and cut, and I was going to have a natural 3rd stage labour (deliver placenta naturally).... however! I hadn't really anticipated how exhausted etc I would be, I was pushing for 2 hours and I just really wanted it to be over so decided in the last few minutes that I would have the injection so it could be done for me! I'm a bit disappointed in hindsight but think it was best for me at the time, I think that's very important!

I must say, these September babies are all gorgeous!

I am breastfeeding and it is VERY sore at the moment... I think that I was so worried about not getting her latched on at all at the start that I was just happy with her being on at all! So it wasn't necessarily a good latch and they have been getting gradually more sore! I think we have it mastered now though, she is feeding much better and it's only sore now for the initial 15/20 seconds of the feed. I have lanisoh too and it seems to be worth it's weight in gold!

thanks guys for the advice... This is my second one but as my son is 12 its all new to me and things i worry and think about.

I have asked for the whole natural delivery, they talked about the placenta injection and i said im happy to do that natural... but i guess you just dont know till the time comes.

How much weight did you guys lose straight after giving birth ?

I have put on three stone... I can see its not all baby.. unless i have babies hiding in my butt cheeks and hips !!! i see some of you are losing it quick

Ooh I forgot about this thread! Hi mummies, how are we all this evening? X

Woooooooo Hooooooooooo I can post here !!! In answer to your questions Kara....

Nothing I would change (so far!!) Although having a bottle of infacol handy was a godsend !!
Olivia was bathed at the hospital on Sunday and I have bathed her again every other day since then. I dont think newborn babies should be bathed every day but thats just my opinion.
I'm breastfeeding and no it doesnt hurt but there is always that first 5 seconds with a small dull ache that eases off. I seem to be very lucky that Olivia is feeling really well. She is suffering with wind but the infacol is helping with this.

I feel really lucky as she is such a good baby and I am enjoying her soooooo much. Is anyone else struggling with visitors ? I am really close to my family so love having them around but neither me or oh get on with his family and I cant bear having them around so keep making excuses for them to leave. I have a good excuse at the moment as my csection scar burst yesterday so I am now bed bound - God that was painful !! I just hate them touching her or anything !

Will upload some pics tomorrow. x Hope the other September mummies and babies are doing well. x

cheers laura, sorry to hear about your stitches bursting... ouch !!!

Woooooooo Hooooooooooo I can post here !!! In answer to your questions Kara....

Nothing I would change (so far!!) Although having a bottle of infacol handy was a godsend !!
Olivia was bathed at the hospital on Sunday and I have bathed her again every other day since then. I dont think newborn babies should be bathed every day but thats just my opinion.
I'm breastfeeding and no it doesnt hurt but there is always that first 5 seconds with a small dull ache that eases off. I seem to be very lucky that Olivia is feeling really well. She is suffering with wind but the infacol is helping with this.

I feel really lucky as she is such a good baby and I am enjoying her soooooo much. Is anyone else struggling with visitors ? I am really close to my family so love having them around but neither me or oh get on with his family and I cant bear having them around so keep making excuses for them to leave. I have a good excuse at the moment as my csection scar burst yesterday so I am now bed bound - God that was painful !! I just hate them touching her or anything !

Will upload some pics tomorrow. x Hope the other September mummies and babies are doing well. x

ouch how did you burst you scar? im holding mine as i type at the thought!
I am finding visitors overwhelming, im fine with close family and friends but people are coming who usually wouldnt and small talk is draining, i think we are booked up til next week with visitors!

Hi Ladies!!

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

LadyK: Peyton got her first bath about 4 hours after she was born at the hospital. Now I bath her about every 3 days and then just giver her a quick sponge bath on the days I don't bath her. My MW and nurses told me it's fine to bath them when the cord is still on as long as you let it air dry a bit after.

I am breastfeeding and my breasts are a little tender. My nipples also feel a little rug burnt if that makes sense? Peyton is a little tongue-tied we think which would explain why her latch isn't perfect. But she is now back to her birth weight which makes momma VERY happy! :)

Anyway, here are a few pictures of my little monkey! :)

xo

Attachments

• P9050005.jpg
    P9050005.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2
  • P9090035.jpg
    P9090035.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P9090041.jpg
    P9090041.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 5
:wave: my first post in the mummy section :cloud9:

hope all you mummies ad beautiful babies are well, i am sooo in love in love with my little man :cloud9::cloud9:

mama bird peyton is beautiful i lover her hair :cloud9: xx

Im just stalking this thread..not officially allowed in here yet! he he.

But its nice to hear all these things from you, tips, thoughts on things. Will help when its my time...so will continue silently stalking.

...i should so be here by now!!! :( x

Hope you're all keeping well!

also stalking the thread, loving all the photos - all the little ones are just gorgeous! :cloud9:

Hi mummies!

Mama B Peyton is soooo cute! So glad to hear about her weight too! I know what a worry it is when they lose alot. Had Holly weighed yesterday and she is now 9lb 1oz!! I can't believe it, she gained over 1lb in a week! Very happy about that.

Lady K in answer to your questions:

I swore I would breastfeed and no way would I feed her formula, but now she is exclusively on formula due to poor feeding and getting poorly. I'm still gutted about it and I found it really hard, as I never really contemplated not being able to breastfeed. However I had to take the decision to do the best thing for Holly at the time and I am confident that I made the only decision I could at the time. I just couldn't see her get poorly again. I now know that breast is not always best, you have to take the whole situation into account and it's important to keep an open mind. I think that's the most important thing I have learnt, to keep an open mind. I learnt that when I was in labour and it remains the same every day!

I also said I would sleep during the day when baby does, but I am struggling to do that and I'm totally exhausted! I use the time she is asleep in the day to catch up on housework and go on here, but I should really try to sleep as she is awake most of the night!!

Holly had her first bath at the hospital the day after she was born. They did a little demo to show how to bath them properly and said not to worry about the cord. Holly's cord stump fell off within a few days anyway. I now bath her every other day or so, unless she gets covered in wee or sick and then I will dunk her in the bath as needed. She loves the bath but she hates afterwards as she hates being cold! Her little lip quivers, so cute!

I'm not breastfeeding anymore, but when I was, on the 3rd day my breasts became very engorged and soooo sore. I had to sleep with cold flannels over them! That was fine again after a day or so and other than that, they were only a bit tender. It took a while for them to settle back to normal after I stopped breastfeeding too.

Anyway hope all you yummy mummies are keeping well and taking care of yourselves. Here are a few pics of my gorgeous girlie :cloud9:

Attachments

• hol.jpg
    hol.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2
  • hol2.jpg
    hol2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2
  • hol3.jpg
    hol3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 2
  • hollyswing.jpg
    hollyswing.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2
Geniesgirl - I was stapled instead of stitched :cry:

Before I even left the hospital I kept complaining that one side of my scar wasnt held together enough. There were 2 staples in about 8cms of the scar and it was gaping open but they sent me home like it and ignored me. When the mw came to remove the staples she said there was a good chamce it was going to split open as it didnt look right. I sat down to feed Olivia and felt the whole scar split open :cry:

I am in alot of pain and now the wound has got to heal from the inside out so the nurses are coming in daily to fill it with seaweed and pack it for the next 2weeks and I am on house arrest. Grrrrrrr but never mind !

Wooo i can post in here now :happydance:

I am absolutley loving being a mummy and loving my gorgeous boy more and more each day! Although i am missing being pregnant sooo much! I was filling in forms yesterday and one of the questions said 'Are you pregnant' i felt a bit choked up when i realised i wasnt!
Charlie-Jack seems to good to be true at the moment, hes such a good baby not whingy at all, and seems very contented :cloud9:

To answer LadyK's questions;
There is nothing i have done that i said i never would, although i really struggled with BF and was very very close to formula feeding which i said i'd never do although i persevered(sp?) and it has got so much better.

Charlie Jack had his first bath in hospital 2 days after he was born and we have given him one at home since. He completley relaxes once he is in it,
but he doesnt like the getting in and out bit!

In my experience yes breatfeeding DOES hurt! I had to stay in hospital for 2 nights because i really needed help with his latching i really struggled. The pain was very strong and not nice i cried a few times :blush: and as i said, seriously considered FF. The pain has got much better now and i'm really enjoying breastfeeding. I am expressing one or two feeds during the day for when visitors are here because i just don't feel comfortable BF in public. All the way through the pregnancy it was drummed into me not to introduce expressed breast milk until 4 weeks as it confuses the baby but i have found Charlie-Jack has actually got a better latch since using the bottles so if there is a time that he will need feeding in front of people i will continue to express beforehand! lanisoh has been a lifesaver and i would reccomend that anyone who is going to BF should stock up!
Hope all the rest of the new mummies are good :flower:

x x x

Ooh does anybody know how i change my signature thing? I keep trying and its so confusing i can't!! x x x

thanks guys, really good advice. I want to breastfeed but i remember crying with pain with my son even on day 2 but he was a extra hungry baby. really interesting about expressing as well because thats what i am hoping to do but was also told dont do it until at least 4/6 weeks...i was going to buy a electric breast pump but hubby reckons i should wait until baby is here and i start expressing.... incase i never use it.

Love seeing all your baby photos please keep posting, it helps with the waiting in seeing my own ..

thanks again guys xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"