• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September Stars

I think i'm going to invest in an electric breast pump aswell it would be so much easier than sitting pumping away, i feel like mrs blummin cravendale!!

Mooooooo Lilia! Me too! Typing whilst feeding so will make it quick! How did you find Stepping Hill? Your little man sounds like a star!! xx

Lilia I'm with you on the pain! I'm starting to come out the other side of it (I hope!) but it has had me seriously considering whether I can continue BFing. I've not had the best day today! Little Lilia was up all night wanting feed after feed and she has carried on with it today, since about 4pm I have been feeding her, follwed by her not settling, rooting, feeding her again 20 mins later.... I've fed her seriously about every 20/30 mins and starting to wonder when/if it is ever going to end! Presuming she is either having a growth spurt, establishing the milk supply or dehydrated! Either way it is going to be a long night I think!

Here are some piccies for you xx

20.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

Louise, sounds like she's stimulating your milk to come in!! Is it in yet or is it still colostrum? Sam had a whole day of that awful behaviour, and then my milk came in BIG TIME and I was spraying the blinking stuff at him!!

Lilia is absolutely beautiful! I can't believe all hair! She has a look of Daddy about her!! xx

Claire I hope you're right! You've made me feel a bit better actually, thank you! We rang a breastfeding counsellor tonight as i was worried that she wasn't getting satisfied and she suggested it might be that the baby is building up my supply!

Milk has come in, well it did yesterday, very painful full breasts but they are calming a little now!

Aw you're welcome, I think this bit is the hardest bit! They make your boobs sore cos of all the sucking, then the milk comes in and they're more sore again!! I used cabbage leaves on mine and took paracetamol. The cabbage leaves suck out the nasty stuff apparently! I was dubious, but it works!! We're settled now. Milk in, supply settled until growth spurt time, and not so sore at all now his latch is better. Lots of love, I'm sure she will settle soon enough. xx

Asher now i have settled a bit with the feeding i have learnt that the laptop is a lifesaver! I'm just getting used to the one handed typing i should be a pro soon! I loved Stepping Hill and completely loved giving birth! Its mad that this time last week i was in labour, i want to do it all again!!

My milk has come in big time! The midwife was having a look at Charlie-Jacks latch and even she was surprised how much i had! She watched me feed and i said "hes finished" she said "no he hasnt". So she came over and had a look and she said "blimey i think you're right, i can't believe how much milk you have, he must be getting the right amount so quickly!" So she said i can feed on demand now rather than every 4 hours. He is feeding every 3 hours now for about 35 minutes does that sound about right?
A problem i have now found with my milk coming in is my back is killing. My boobs were big before (GG) but now they are ridiculous. It is bloody horrible i feel like they're crushing me! And rapidly heading south haha! My body confidence is at zero but my boy is worth it !!

x x x

Hi ladies, had a good night last night which was much needed after such a challenging afternoon/evening yesterday with the sheer amount of feeds necessary!

Lilia glad things are looking up with the feeding... is the pain easing now? Mine are still very painful, every time I think it's easing it gets sore again (especially today after the marathon session yesterday!).

Had day 5 midwife visit today, Lilia now weighs 6lb 3oz so has lost just over 5% of her birthweight which is pretty good I think? Did the heel prick test too :( poor baby! I didn't like that very much!!

Great news about the good night Louise :hugs:
Yes the pain is definitley easing off, it hurts quite strong for the first few sucks then it goes. If it hurts at anytime after that it is usually because Charlie has unlatched himself a bit or something so i just take him off and reposition him and its fine. Is it still hurting you all the way through the feed or just the start? x x

I'm stalking to thread too but only to update the front page (although i should be here & settled by now ggrrrr). Lovely babies ladies & glad to see everyone using the thread to share tips xxx

I didnt like the heel prick test either Louise :cry: Its more like a small stanley knife not a bloody pin prick !! Olivia absolutely screamed and I though I might hurt the mw at one point !

Feeding is going well here although I am now wearing a size H bra :blush: Their not too painful though so I feel lucky so far that their just huge and not hurting !

A sneaky pic for you all aswell.

https://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/LJKowalczyk/IMG_3417.jpg

Laura she's gorgeous!

Lilia, it is hurting A LOT for the initial latching on and first few sucks, then it eases off but it's still sore through the feed, not like the pain at the start though. I'm pretty sure she's latched on fine as her mouth is wide, can hear her swallowing and see big sucks... hopefully it will improve!

Thank you Louise. Your pics on FB are gorgeous. I thought Olivia had alot of hair but Lilia's is gorgeous !

I cant believe we missed out on being ward buddies by one day ! x

Louise, sounds like you had a much better night! I reckon a nice 2 or 3 hour period of sleep is what we need to recharge! And if we can get 2 or 3 of those in a night it's not so bad and things are easier to cope with. :hugs:

Lilia, sounds like Charlie-Jack has a good little feeding routine going there! I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about how often a BF baby should feed and for how long, just so long as they are producing wet and dirty nappies and are healthy and alert, things are cool!! Sam is a good feeder (at the moment), but Jack was a terrible feeder and was on and off the boob all the time for a long time!! I think they're just all sooo different! Glad you had a lovely birth experience, these little ones are just the best!!

Laura, beautiful pics of Olivia! She is a little love!

I just said to DH before how much I love Sam, and he said he just can't believe he has three little lads, in his words, three more "mates" to grow up with! I thought that was cute. I love them all the same, can't believe they are actually mine! Although when I was in with the three of them before, feeding Sam, and the other two wanted drinks and food, I was slightly stressed as the big two weren't happy they had to wait for the mini one to finish before they could get theirs! Ah well, it will calm down soon!!

Hope all the mummies and mummies to be are well tonight! I will be checking things out on my phone in the night when I'm up feeding!! :baby:

Awwww ladies - your babies are gorgeous!

I can't quite believe it's been 2 weeks tomorrow; and it's my due date tomorrow too. Doesn't seem like 2 mins, but at the same time it seems like ages ago since I was pregnant.

I'm typing one-handed while breastfeeding too... it's really hard cos it's my left hand lol. but, with how much she's feeding, if i don't do it like this then i'll never be able to post!

Dunno if any of you have read my thread in the bf section, but i've had a pretty bad time of it. I ended up with thrush in my breasts AND mastitis, but thankfully the antibiotics and creams are working *touch wood*. She's feeding every 2 hours on average, but then has a day of every half-hour. She's gone from 6lb 10 to 7lb 1 - not much of a surprise with how much she eats... she's def got my love of food!

In general, things have been pretty bad since I had Izzy too. My mum's cousin (and best friend) passed away on 1st sept, and left my mum as executor of her will. All the stress of organising it caused her to have a heart attack, and she was in hospital for a week. So i've been going to see her every day, looking after my sister (and dad!) and going to the solicitors to try and take the will off her hands (so she doesn't get stressed about it again). Thankfully now she's out of hospital and there is no lasting damage to her heart, but it's not been easy. I'm so glad that my OH has been able to have 3 weeks off work - I couldn't have coped otherwise. He's still got a week off, so now that things are (mostly) back to normal, we can finally enjoy our little girl properly.

We're just starting to get visitors; people have been good at keeping their distance with all of the stuff going on. It's nice to see everyone and show Isabelle off - I'm not sure f that'll change as we get used to having visitors though!

Righty I'd better dash - she's finished and is now asleep. Bum changed (my re-usable nappies are fab by the way!) and then up again probably at 1, 3, 5 (if i'm lucky!).

:hugs: to everyone struggling to feed :hugs:

Optical - big :hug: what a time you have had. It sounds like you have coped brilliantly. Hope you get some relaxation now and your Mum makes a full recovery x x x

Optical I can't believe what an awful time of it you've had. I hope you start to get chance to enjoy Isabelle now, and that mum recovers well. xx

On a mummy note, any other new mummies suffering with night sweats? I remember having them after Jack was born, but it's horrible at the moment. After only being asleep for a couple of hours, I am waking up drenched and having to get changed. Anyone else?

Optical :hugs: sorry to hear about your mum and your mums friend, hopefully you will have chance to relax and enjoy your bubs now x

Asher i have been waking up sweaty and horrible everynight but i just thought my house is too warm!

I think i jinxed myself talking about Charlie-Jacks feeding because last night and today the little monster has wanted feeding every hour and for agges! I am definitey going to be an expert at the one-handed typing!!

On another note, when is it safe to DTD??!! I don't know if i am strange but i am absolutley gagging for it haha! (TMI i know :blush:) Charlie-Jack is only 8 days old and i don't know how long i can cope now without it!! Anybody else or just me?!!!
x x x

I don't think there are any rules on the DTD thing Lilia. Both times with the big boys, it was about 2 weeks when we did it, but Sam's 2 and a half weeks and we've not done it yet. It shall be soon I think, I can't stand him looking at me with his tongue hanging out for much longer ha ha!!

Update on DTD Lilia..... we did it. It was a wee bit painful but fine. I don't think having to use condoms helps matters. Ah well, he'll be thinking he's back to getting it 3 times a week now..... dream on hubby!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->