Serious TTC buddies?

bellaem

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!:flower:
Well, upon completing our 13th cycle TTC I had a bit of a breakdown. AF came 8 days early...making it a 24 day cycle (normally 31 days). I literally have spent the last 2 days locked in my bedroom drowning in my sorrows (and occasionally screaming at OH about how he doesn't understand).
Halfway through the day today I decided to use my sorrow (and fury) and put it towards TTC making me more determined than ever to get my BFP. It really is about time I get "serious" about this. I feel like I've just declared war and I am determined to win this battle.
I just ordered some Preseed, digital OPKS (I used opks for the first time last month but bought the cheap ones and they made things worse-couldn't tell what was a pos.), more HPTs (of course!), and a new basal thermometer (I have never charted before). I just finished making a TTC calendar for the bedroom too so I can make sure I am keeping track of temping and BD-ing.
Also,
I finally made my appointment to go back to the OBGYN for my first infertility appointment (I went at 6 mo. TTC and got my hormones tested and had a sonogram in March to check for polyps but nothing else).
Also, I am quitting caffeine.

But one thing is missing...
Serious ttc buddies!
Anyone with me?:flower:

bellaem - I am right there with you! I just began my 10th cycle on Sunday so I am CD3 right now. I cried most of the day on Sunday and then began yesterday with a better attitude, ready to attack the egg this month :happydance:
I also like the digital OPKs SOO much better than the cheaper ones. I bought the wrong kind last cycle on accident :dohh:
Good luck with giving up the caffeine!! I am hoping to try that this summer. I have greatly lowered my caffeine intake to just 100mg a day, sometimes 200mg since October. But I quickly learned that trying to teach/supervise/manage first graders with no caffeine does not work for me! :coffee:
Hope this is your lucky cycle!! :dust:

bellaem - I am right there with you! I just began my 10th cycle on Sunday so I am CD3 right now. I cried most of the day on Sunday and then began yesterday with a better attitude, ready to attack the egg this month :happydance:
I also like the digital OPKs SOO much better than the cheaper ones. I bought the wrong kind last cycle on accident :dohh:
Good luck with giving up the caffeine!! I am hoping to try that this summer. I have greatly lowered my caffeine intake to just 100mg a day, sometimes 200mg since October. But I quickly learned that trying to teach/supervise/manage first graders with no caffeine does not work for me! :coffee:
Hope this is your lucky cycle!! :dust:

LOL, I am a teacher too. I recently gave up caffeine...so far, I've been doing okay. We'll see how that works out lol

Hi girls!
wristwatch24-Glad to have you join the troops :p
Hopeful4num1-Yay, our cycles are even in the same place. I'm CD2. Those darn cheap opks...they gave me 3 positives one on CD5! and i'm pretty sure I didn't even ovulate last cycle since it was so short. I can't wait for my little TTC package to arrive with the digi's!

The caffeine withdrawal is painful ATM...terrible headache, yuck! But hopefully by tomorrow that will be gone.
Do either of you chart or use any supplements or anything?
FX-ed for you both this month!:happydance:

Hi girls!
wristwatch24-Glad to have you join the troops :p
Hopeful4num1-Yay, our cycles are even in the same place. I'm CD2. Those darn cheap opks...they gave me 3 positives one on CD5! and i'm pretty sure I didn't even ovulate last cycle since it was so short. I can't wait for my little TTC package to arrive with the digi's!

The caffeine withdrawal is painful ATM...terrible headache, yuck! But hopefully by tomorrow that will be gone.
Do either of you chart or use any supplements or anything?
FX-ed for you both this month!:happydance:

I chart (you can view my chart in my signature), and am taking Clomid for the first time this cycle. FXed for you too!!!! Keep me posted. :)

I would love too. I'm currently finished taking my first trial of Clomid (cycle day 3-7) and also taking metformin 500mg 2x day.. I'm not doing anything differently before taking the medicine so I hopes this works, I'm cd13 and will be tested on cd21 to check for ovulation since starting Clomid. Me26 and my honey bear 32 :) have been ttc #1 since June 2011. I'm keeping my hopes up that this is our year :)
Babydust & best wishes for all

Wristwatch - I do not know how you are functioning in a school right now in MAY without caffeine :wacko: - Good for you! And good luck with the clomid this cycle! :dust:

bellaem - Hope the caffeine withdrawal gets better soon! Those headaches are the worst! I do not chart. I think I would be a nervous wreck trying to take my temperature every morning. I am bad enough with the OPKs, freaking out about missing my surge. I am trying soy isoflavones this cycle. I saw my doctor 2 cycles ago and he refused to do any tests until it has been a year but I'm beginning to wonder if I am actually ovulating. The soy isoflavones are supposed to act like a natural clomid. We will see :shrug: Are you taking any supplements?

MsPeachy - Hope this is your lucky cycle!! :happydance: Any side effects from the clomid? What is the metmorfin for? Not familiar with that one.

Haven't noticed any side effects from the Clomid, metformin is generally a prescription for diabetes but for PCOS it to regulate cycle and promote ovulation. From the metformine side effect is GAS!!! Lol

im in!!!!!! ive been off bc for 18 month and this is only our 4th cycle of ttc with 2 cycles in nov/dec of ntnp.......so i havent been doing this as long but im determined to get a bfp. im 29 dh is 34. ive been on prenatals since september......and ive been using digital opks since january, and we used preseed last month. i dont temp because i work night shift 3x/week and never wake at the same time each day. i have a dr appointment in the morning with a new ob/gyn just to discuss things and let him know my concerns so hopefully he can give me some insight in to all this ttc business .......good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wristwatch - I do not know how you are functioning in a school right now in MAY without caffeine :wacko: - Good for you! And good luck with the clomid this cycle! :dust:

bellaem - Hope the caffeine withdrawal gets better soon! Those headaches are the worst! I do not chart. I think I would be a nervous wreck trying to take my temperature every morning. I am bad enough with the OPKs, freaking out about missing my surge. I am trying soy isoflavones this cycle. I saw my doctor 2 cycles ago and he refused to do any tests until it has been a year but I'm beginning to wonder if I am actually ovulating. The soy isoflavones are supposed to act like a natural clomid. We will see :shrug: Are you taking any supplements?

MsPeachy - Hope this is your lucky cycle!! :happydance: Any side effects from the clomid? What is the metmorfin for? Not familiar with that one.

To be honest, I have no idea how I'm functioning either! I teach high school, the kids have been driving me up a WALL! I have been trying to just sleep more and drink lots of water and eat healthier to keep myself awake. Plus I'm so obsessed with symptom-spotting and being on these forums that it helps too. :D

Count me in!!! I take multivitamin, folic acid, EPO, Omega-3, try to exercise every other day. I have polycysic ovaries, irregular long cycle. don't know when i ovulate most of the time. Start charting bbt (second cycle now), checking CM, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Still learn how to check cervical position. Hoping for BFP this month!!!

Yay, lots of buddies:happydance::happydance:

wristwatch24-Clomid, exciting! I've heard good things! Hopefully it gives you your BFP this month! When are you testing?

hopeful4num1-Yeah, I understand about the temping. I was planning on starting last cycle but forgot to temp the first couple of days and then just felt like it was too late. Hopefully I can be more on top of it this time, but I'm really disorganized in the morning so we'll see:haha:. Let me know about the soy, I've been reading about it. I've heard good things but I did read a couple of places that it can mess your cycles up a bit in the beginning while your body adjusts. I am interested to see your results. I'm taking a prenatal and that's it right now. I really want to try royal jelly because it supposed to be helpful for TTC and also for a lot of other things too. I think I might try that next cycle.

MsPeachyP-It's good to hear you haven't had any side effects from the clomid. I've heard from other ladies that it made them feel like junk. I like your review better:haha:. Good luck, and I hope this is your month!

Munchkinlove-How did you like the preseed? I'm pretty excited for mine to come in the mail. I've heard a lot of success stories. Good luck at the doctors and let us know how it goes!:flower:

MayJan-How long have you been taking EPO? Have you noticed any side effects or changes? I think I'll see if the library has that book too...I love to read...especially about TTC. :p Hoping this is your month!:flower:

I hope I didn't miss anyone...sometimes people get lost in here but I promise it's not on purpose! Just send an S.O.S.:haha:

Thx Bellaem.. I just started taking EPO last cycle, i did notice an increase of CM, no side effects so far, i didnt have cramps in the TWW last cycle, but did cramp first 2 days of period. U shud only take it till u ovulate cuz it causes uterine contractions. So i stop once i notice a thermal shift. I also read that grapefruit juice increases CM, eager to try the juice as well.. :D

Thx Bellaem.. I just started taking EPO last cycle, i did notice an increase of CM, no side effects so far, i didnt have cramps in the TWW last cycle, but did cramp first 2 days of period. U shud only take it till u ovulate cuz it causes uterine contractions. So i stop once i notice a thermal shift. I also read that grapefruit juice increases CM, eager to try the juice as well.. :D

I also just recently read about the grapefruit. I'm interested to try it...as long as I can stomach it. I haven't had grapefruit juice in years, never liked it. How long have you been TTC?

I also just recently read about the grapefruit. I'm interested to try it...as long as I can stomach it. I haven't had grapefruit juice in years, never liked it. How long have you been TTC?

Since Jan 2012, but i had only 3 periods from Jan - mid May. Now ttc cycle 4. I saw a lot of ppl with short cycle like 28 days, feel that they got more chance each month than me. I have polycystic ovaries, i think that causes the irregular and long cycle in my case. I'm not sure if i have PCOS or not. I went to 2 OBGYN for consultation last year, they told me I don't have PCOS, but again no blood test has been done. I heard blood test is needed to confirm PCOS, like checking the hormone, etc. So i'm quite puzzled now.

I also dont know if i ovulate or when i ovulate, OPK's no good for me. I got a positive OPK last cycle but only get a thermal shift a week later, missed the time to BD. now i can only rely on bbt and CM to see if i ovulate.

Since Jan 2012, but i had only 3 periods from Jan - mid May. Now ttc cycle 4. I saw a lot of ppl with short cycle like 28 days, feel that they got more chance each month than me. I have polycystic ovaries, i think that causes the irregular and long cycle in my case. I'm not sure if i have PCOS or not. I went to 2 OBGYN for consultation last year, they told me I don't have PCOS, but again no blood test has been done. I heard blood test is needed to confirm PCOS, like checking the hormone, etc. So i'm quite puzzled now.

I also dont know if i ovulate or when i ovulate, OPK's no good for me. I got a positive OPK last cycle but only get a thermal shift a week later, missed the time to BD. now i can only rely on bbt and CM to see if i ovulate.

Believe it or not PCOS is pretty common these days and they have a lot of fertility medications and treatments to assist women with PCOS (assuming they have difficulty-lots of women get pregnant with PCOS quickly). Plus a long cycle doesn't mean you can't get your BFP. But I understand it must be hard to have a longer cycle and have more to wait. I would make a new appointment with your OBGYN and ask them to check your hormone levels. I don't see why they wouldn't. They tested mine at my preconception appointment.
I had major issues with OPKs when I started using them last month. I'm hoping the digital ones will be more accurate and also I'm temping this month so it'll be easier to see when I OV from that.

Believe it or not PCOS is pretty common these days and they have a lot of fertility medications and treatments to assist women with PCOS (assuming they have difficulty-lots of women get pregnant with PCOS quickly). Plus a long cycle doesn't mean you can't get your BFP. But I understand it must be hard to have a longer cycle and have more to wait. I would make a new appointment with your OBGYN and ask them to check your hormone levels. I don't see why they wouldn't. They tested mine at my preconception appointment.
I had major issues with OPKs when I started using them last month. I'm hoping the digital ones will be more accurate and also I'm temping this month so it'll be easier to see when I OV from that.

Yeah I'll make an appointment after this cycle, definitely will get my hormone levels checked in and out hehe i have a vacation planned :happydance: so i want to enjoy it w/o having have to think about the test result. i'm still feeling positive at this moment. Oh btw, i used the clear blue digital OPK, i tot when i got smiley i'll ovulate within the next 48 hours (as written in the package) but NO, I ovulated a WEEK later, my body was playing trick.. i think that's a warning to me that instead of relying on those OPKs I should listen better to my own body.. :laugh2:

So a little personal cycle update and history:
Normally I have 31 day cycles (occasionally 30). BBs normally hurt less than a week before AF and stop upon her arrival. I usually have AF for 4 days with moderate-heavy flow (spotting for one more). Last cycle BB's didn't hurt until day of AF and only were sore that day. I spotted/light flow for 2.5 days. It was weird too. It would completely stop for a few hours here and there in those 2.5 days. I thought maybe it was weird IB. I tested on day of AF-BFN, tested the day after-BFN,and then tested again (I know, I'm nuts)a week later. I had symptoms that month too (that have still continued to this day): frequent urination (this isn't in my head-I get up about 4 times a night now and never ever had to once before), tiredness, dizziness etc.
After my last BFN I moved on. I got a pos. OPK on CD5, CD12, and CD14. It was my first month using them so we just BD-ed every few days as usual since I couldn't understand them. At CD19 my BBs started hurting worse than they've EVER hurt before. I couldn't stand it. I cried because they hurt so bad. I put ice on them because they felt like they were on fire. They also got A LOT bigger. They stayed like that. I began more and more increasingly tired to the point where I couldn't do anything! I was convinced this was my month. I also have been crazy moody. I never get the emotional part of PMS-ever. I'm always pretty even keel. In the past week I have cried over food stuck on dishes, I smashed a bowl out of frustration (didn't throw it at anyone or anything but still totally embarrassing), cried about OH moving a rock (long story-he thought it was funny),and yelled at OH to "suck a dick" when he was trying to get me up in the morning (totally out of character for me!!) etc. Anyways. On Monday I couldn't resist and went to POAS (yes, i know it was still 8 days before AF :p) but after I peed in the cup I noticed that I had started spotting. I couldn't believe it. I literally had just posted on BnB too about wishing I would get IB so I would know I had my BFP. I thought it was a miracle. Except soon after I started getting cramps...and it got heavier than just a couple of spots...and it was red...all not indicative of IB. Mon. and yesterday it has been going back and forth between spotting/nothing to light light flow (enough for panty liner). Just like my last AF. I have resigned to the fact that this must be AF...but wondering why everything is so wacked out...I keep thinking (because I'm crazy) that maybe I am PG and the tests aren't picking it up or something...or maybe I don't know...it's just weird. My BBs are still enlarged and sore (though, not as bad) which is abnormal since they normally stop hurting on AF's arrival.
I guess I will find out tomorrow what's going on. In the mean time I'm going crazy.:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->