seriously? freecycle

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
so iw as cheeking my freecycle as you do haha and a wanted for baby things popped up so i looked at it any way;

Hi i was wondering is anyone has any of the following baby items as i have been in and out of slow labour and and really in need of baby things thanks in advance

changing mat
car seat
play gym
baby monitors
cot
sheets
blankets
changing unit
anything else is also helpful

thanks again for looking

why would you not have most of that already???

Wow that's leaving things a bit late!

I was stood behind a woman in the queue at mothercare the other day who was ordering everything (literally!) for her baby and I was ordering something too so had to wait a while and she was saying that she was 40+6 and hadn't bought anything yet. She said she didn't know she was pregnant until three days before because she'd been sick but she was huge!!! (And it was a proper pregnancy bump, you couldn't confuse it for fat!)

she might be not due for awhile and they were planning on getting it later but money hasnt worked out for them, one of my friends waters went at 30wks with no warning she didnt have what she needed for her twins it had been ordered but not delievered, in her case though the girls were in NICU for long enough that their stuff arrived before they were released but only by a couple of days!

i guess somepeople go unnoticed but shes not asking for clothes or nappies etc which can be more expensive than a feel sheets or blankets i think someones having us on, on our freecycle. in and out of slow labour would also indicate a few days knowing she was going to givebirth soon

lol, but even if they are trying it on then wheres the harm really? so long as someone else in need isnt missing out then its better than those things going unused or being thrown away isnt it?

It doesn't look great I must say. There may be an innocent explanation but is quite bizarre. I have had the basics for a few weeks now. I'd rather be orgnanised than in a situation like that.

lol, but even if they are trying it on then wheres the harm really? so long as someone else in need isnt missing out then its better than those things going unused or being thrown away isnt it?

thing is, its mental on our area for baby things i know before when ive listed stuff so many want it/need it for someone to lead someone (maybe) to believe they are really desp for it just to say sell it on. I just got a baby changing unit off freecycle there was 60 of us go in for it, even if only half of us are pregnant thats still atlest 30 women fighting for baby stuff they Need.

It can happen!

My sis also went into labour 2 months early and had to panic buy! she was kept in for 10 days if i remember correctly before giving birth so her fella had to sort everything quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->