Seriously!?!

beachgal

Reaction score
I was at an event tonight with friends and coworkers. There were different booths with food samples and my work was also there with a booth.
As we were going from booth to booth trying food, one of them had shots of booze. My friends all took one and the guys working the booth were trying to force me to have one. I kept saying no and one of the guys grabbed me and tried to force the shot down my throat. Wtf?! I finally had to pull him off me and tell him that I'm pregnant. Now normally that wouldn't be an issue except the group of people I was with do not know I'm pregnant. Once i said that to the guy he felt so bad and kept saying sorry. I said my friends dont know but then he went to one of my friends and was telling her he felt bad! ugh. I was so mad that they wouldn't take no for an answer and put me in that position. Thankfully my friends didn't say anything but I'm sure they were wondering what was going on. That makes me angry! Who forces shots down someone's throat?!! Especially at a small town event in the early evening hours!

Beachgal - hope you're okay!

Don't let it worry or stress you out. A similar situation hapened to me at Christmas kept getting asked why I wasn't drinking and if I had something to tell everyone.

Do people not think if we had something to tell them we would tell them!

Yeah, I imagine that would upset me even if I WASN'T pregnant!

Thats so creepy, why would anyone do that.

Other than telling him I was pregnant, I'd have socked him one in the face.

That's ridiculous! What a moron! Since when was it not ok to refuse a drink anyway!? Hope you're ok. x

Wow that is terrible, a co worker was doing this?? Talk about crossing personal boundaries! What a jerk, sorry you had to go through that. :hugs: Like some of the others said, I'd be mad even if I wasnt pregnant and somebody tried to do that to me!

Thankfully it wasn't a coworker that did it, but rather a couple of guys running the food booth. I didn't know the guys at all.
The experience pissed me off more then anything. It was that feeling of "no means no" not being taken seriously.
The guy had one arm wrapped around my shoulders and neck pulling my head in so he could pour the shot down my throat. It felt a little violating and embarrassing!
I love the one post that mentions "socking him in the face". I totally should have!!!!

I was in a wedding party for a family member and the bride is a bit of a "bridezilla"..she even made a comment about me not being pregnant at her wedding...well, my life is mine and so I was only a month pregnant at her wedding..but I still didn't want her knowing anything!!! At the reception one of her bridesmaids was seriously borderline attempting to pour a shot down my throat and I had to do the same.....seriously. People are f'ed!!!! Leave people alone!! No means no!!!!! Hahahahaha

That's awful! I don't drink even when not pregnant and if someone did that to me I'd be so mortified!

Poor you! What a jerk.

I had a similar experience at a food show when my friend (who didn't know I was pregnant, I was only 6/7 weeks along) was trying out whiskey's. The guy poured 2 samples and was handing one to me when I said no thanks. He responded with a very puzzled look, "why??". I didn't know what to say! Fortunately his colleagues came to my defence saying "you can't ask that!" and the guy immediately looked embarrassed, but people just don't think sometimes.

Seriously, I'd make a complaint! How rude, not to mention unprofessional! What if you'd been an alcoholic or on medication? What if you really didn't want to say and in the end felt forced to take the drink? Completely irresponsible of that guy, especially when being there in a professional capacity.

This reminded me of my time in Korea before I was pregnant. My coworkers were heavy drinkers and I don't drink, but they kept insisting that I have a shot of soju. It just gets worse the more they drink! One even asked: "What are you mormon or something?" It does make me upset how choosing not to drink gets viewed as abnormal. I mean these were 20 to 60 year old people. It happens in every culture! If the only way to get people to shut up about it is to say "I'm pregnant!" then that is sad.

i am so sorry to tell you this and its very tmi.... i am 18 weeks pregnant.i have been losing so much blood from my bum it's bright red. I get i feeling like i need to go for a poo but its just blood and lots of it this happens abot about 5 times a day. i have been under a dr but he cant find what is up with me. i am starting to worry somthing is wrong with me. now i am pregnant i am feeling low in energy and tired and weak i dont know what to do. sorry to ask love tinker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->