Settling LO when you've tried everything??

Hiya. A couple of things that I found that helped in the early days to help settle included using a vibrating bouncy chair when Marlowe couldn't sleep/settle in the night. Also, a fail-proof way to settle her was to hold her and bounce firmly but holding her head well on a big exercise (birthing) ball. I've talked to a lot of other mums who have said this is a fail proof way to settle their little ones too. In fact we use the ball rarely now, in fact haven't used it in about 2 weeks so I think we're finally ready to deflate it! Good luck for a better night.

:hugs:babbie are very cleaver maybe he nos that your going to pick him up and thats why he crys ???? i never pick harry up as soon as he crys ,also if your stressed they can sence that. talk to your hv maybe she can help if he has wind .

am luckey as harry is very good and winding , what bottles do you use or maybe try a differnt baby milk ???:hugs::hugs:

Because Jay is still so young I do want to respond to him when he starts crying properly, although I do often ignore the odd whimper, especially when he's asleep.

I'm breastfeeding at the mo and thought that BF babies are less windy, but I was obviously wrong!! :lol:

I'll defo speak to HV tomorrow if he has another really bad night.

xx

maybe he needs more milk??? if your bf

Well, we had another difficult night last night :( But have realised Jay is congested...he's sounded mucasy since birth but it's definately been worse for the last couple of days.

He's getting trapped wind because he can't feed properly because he's blocked up :hissy: I'm now using saline drops for the congestion and infacol for trapped wind and sitting in the bathroom full of steam to feed him :lol:

Fingers crossed he gets better soon and it doesn't turn into a full blown cold!!

Thanks for all your advice everyone :hug:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back