severe heartburn when laying on right side?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
so if i lay on my right side i get severe heartburn:( im fine laying on my left side:S but cant stay like that all night due to leg cramps:( and cant lay on my back so im tossing and turning all night:( anyone else get it alot worse when laying on there right side?x

Yes terribly!! I have to keep switching sides too but the right side brings up instant heartburn!

And what on earth have happened to tums?? they have disappeared off of every shop shelf! they were my savour!

Me too! (except I get acid reflux in the place of heartburn) But it's always worse on the right side. I actually sleep with a bottle of Tums next to my bedside. If you're having trouble finding them in stores, you could always get some off Amazon. :flower:

Yes I have been suffering with heartburn for months now but it always seems worse when I lay on my right hand side. I have been taking spearmint Rennies which I found alot better than the Gaviscon medicine which the doctor was prescribing which helped for about 10 minutes! Im done with heartburn now I just want to lay flat in my bed again... Not that im going to be spending much time sleeping over the next few months with a 2.5 year old and a newborn lol xxxx

You shouldn't be using Tums everyday. They can cause calcification in the placenta if you use them all the time. The doctor told me to take a preventative med if I needed them often.

Your stomach and oesophagus is shaped like the letter d (if u will imagine the o part is your stomach and the l part is your oesophagus...) so if u lay on your right side it sits your stomach above your oesophagus a little and makes the acids run up whereas laying on your left does the exact opposite and keeps it in the bottom of your belly instead of running up the pipe.

I have to sleep on my left side until about 3/4 through the night when my tummy is empty or sometimes the whole night... Sucks but not much u can do

:wacko: I never knew that about tums, they were what my midwife suggested..up to 7 a day! I used to have 3/4 a day with jack and this one before they disappeared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->