SEVERE ovulation pain

mummof1

Reaction score
Does anyone else suffer from this ??
It's so painful:(
I have mentioned it before and and my OB said its normal .
I had a scan once to check for cysts and she didn't tell me the results she just said of course you have cysts you're creating cysts every month (referring to ovulation).

It's always on one side , today it's my left and it really hurts !
I have googled and found out it could mean an underlying issue ..

Mine is really painful! Sometimes I can tell when I'm ovulating because I almost get lightheaded and nauseated in addition to the pain. I've had multiple scans because of infertility, and no one has every said anything about a pathologic cyst or anything. I even find it hard to sit sometimes because of the discomfort. I try to put a positive spin on it, at least I know when it happens. But I hear ya... the pain is not fun! Hang in there mama!

Yes me too! I was actually so dizzy I thought I was going to fall today !
I had to go on a hunt for Advil at work and thankfully found someone who had some.
It's awful.
I don't ever recall having pain like this before my boys.

You poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I get painful ovulation as well. It is one sided pinching pains. I get nauseated, have incredibly sore bbs and lose my appetite. Oddly I also get really vivid dreams, just like I do when I'm pregnant. The last few cycles have been awful around O time because I don't think I've been ovulating since my mc in July and have been cramping up a storm, like my ovaries were trying to release an egg but couldn't. Hope you find some relief soon!

Thanks so much. I hope that's not the case but it does make sense eh!
I hope you get a BFP soon

Ovulation is somewhat painful, I'd be a bit worried if it was excruciating to the point of nausea. The only times I had that is when I've had a very large cyst on my ovary that caused the ovary to twist. The cyst popped while I was on holiday in Australia and I was curled up in a ball for at least 48 hours, it was horrible!

I didn't even see this post and just made one about it. I have only had it like this for last cycle and this cycle. Does it come and go per cycle or do you get it every cycle?

It's really really painful, and I think this is a very common issue among women...(I remember ration is almost one in five!!)
The pain can sometimes last to 48 hours... However, if the pain lasts over than three days (or it goes with some abnormal symptoms), you should definitely fo see a doctor.
Hang in there and good luck!

I have pain starting 3 days before ovulation and lasts a couple days after. It's extremely painful and makes bd horrible. I also had a scan done before and never had an issue. Mine happens every month and is worse now that I'm on clomid. Last month, it hurt to walk!

Yes, mine makes me double over, I once screamed out in bed and DH jumped up and asked what was wrong, I said Oh I've just ovulated!!

Mine usually starts from CD10, achy, sharp twinges in both ovaries which builds up over the days then BAM!!

hi

i know this is an old thread but i seem to be having the same issue for years now. i went of BC and 2 weeks later i had the worst abdominal pain. went to the doc and he said my F tubes are inflamed. ok took meds and next month and every month had the same. 3-5 days before O i get pain. when i pee(TMI) it hurts from the inside. no burning like UTI but pain inside. my uterus hurts, lower back and all just achy. been tested for endometreosis, negative, checked for cancer, negative, did scans and have no cysts right now but so many years i am still having that pain. i get the same pain for my period. it affects my peeing and uterus and going number 2 as the pain is so bad. anyone had any feedback as to how things turned out for them? or anyone had suggestions as to things to ease my pain?
just to add my OB did say i have large ovaries when i went in last month for a check up, not PCOS so have to watch my weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->