SEVERE pelvic pain, 39 weeks + 5 days :( help?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm 39 weeks + 5 days and for about a week now have had very irregular but painful braxton hicks. Yesterday (Christmas Day here, just my luck!) I started having really really painful lower back and pelvic pain. It's completely constant and doesn't go away when I lay down or move around or anything! Even my tailbone is in agony. I have a fairly good pain threshold I think... I haven't taken any pain relief (panadol, tylenol etc) for probably a few years now. I generally let pain run its course without any help... so that's how I know I really am in pain because panadol crossed my mind! :haha:

It's the next day now and the pain is still very intense, if anything it feels a little more centralized on my lower left back. I've been having tightenings as well but not close together or intense enough to start timing I don't think... I can barely walk! I can only just very slowly hobble to the bathroom and back to the couch.

On top of that I spent Christmas Day fighting back tears because I was in pain and just felt really really PMSy and emotional :dohh:

Has anyones previous labours started with back pain? Or is anyone else feeling this way at the moment?

I am definitely feeling the pelvic pain... I've had it for a few weeks now and sometimes literally can't walk, it's terrible.. if you can get someone to rub it for you, it helps..especially around the outside of your bottom, even though the pain isn't right there for some reason it helps.. I definitely whimper to myself almost nightly over it! I also will get soo much pressure sometimes at the same time especially if I go to pee, it's incredibly painful pressure, I guess it's just all gearing up.

My midwife told me to take a nightly bubble bath with Epsom salts, she said it can be as good as a prenatal massage. I did it tonight and am feeling some relief.. good luck getting through these next few weeks, or hopefully much less! I am in agony too :(

Sounds like you're a about to go into labour

[Q UOTE=pradabooties;36688510]Hi ladies,
I'm 39 weeks + 5 days and for about a week now have had very irregular but painful braxton hicks. Yesterday (Christmas Day here, just my luck!) I started having really really painful lower back and pelvic pain. It's completely constant and doesn't go away when I lay down or move around or anything! Even my tailbone is in agony. I have a fairly good pain threshold I think... I haven't taken any pain relief (panadol, tylenol etc) for probably a few years now. I generally let pain run its course without any help... so that's how I know I really am in pain because panadol crossed my mind! :haha:

It's the next day now and the pain is still very intense, if anything it feels a little more centralized on my lower left back. I've been having tightenings as well but not close together or intense enough to start timing I don't think... I can barely walk! I can only just very slowly hobble to the bathroom and back to the couch.

On top of that I spent Christmas Day fighting back tears because I was in pain and just felt really really PMSy and emotional :dohh:

Has anyones previous labours started with back pain? Or is anyone else feeling this way at the moment?[/QUOTE]

Still in agony! I can't believe how painful it is. I haven't had any lower back pain throughout the pregnancy and this is intense... hobbling to the bathroom is all I can manage and I am almost in tears every time I get off the couch/bed. I called my midwife and shes having me pop in tomorrow. I hope it means labour will come soon! It's my due date today. I really couldn't take this level of pain for much longer so I'm sure hoping she doesn't arrive too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->