severe spd - vaginal birth?

I have spd, I am having a c section but this is due to complications with my previous birth, however, I was told that vaginal birth shouldn't affect spd, but I don't really know much

My understanding was that as you have an unstable pelvis and your ligaments are loose, you have to be careful not to overextend during labour as this can cause much more long term damage than the spd itself. Something to do with further stretching of the ligaments, hence why I was told to get a good understanding of the distance I could spread my legs (for want of a better description) to warn anyone when putting my legs in stirrups. I was lucky and was ok with this so didn't have a problem...but if you're in labour it's worth warning whoever is with you that you have severe spd and they shouldn't overstretch your legs.

Thanks for advise! I was refered to see a consultant at my 34 week check up due to SPD but when I was there I realised 1/2 way through that it was just another midwife who was also snooty with me and said the consultant cant see everyone you know. She also said not to put on any more weight, I'm now BMI 25 but normally 19.5. Bitch.

I'm gonna go for waterbirth if possible.

Wot a bitch!!! I would defo insist that u c a consultant.... I went to c one an has agreed to induce me fri due to SPD being soooo bad....I wl b 38+4

thanks meercat, hmmm... not sure, induction freaks me out due to the fact I fear it will get me too hard too fast and I cant cope and vill have epi and be lying down, then instrumental delivery... I'll see how I go... think only c section would spare me the spd pain to be fair, but they wont offer that so I'm gonna hope for waterbirth. Will try acupuncture as well. xx

thanks meercat, hmmm... not sure, induction freaks me out due to the fact I fear it will get me too hard too fast and I cant cope and vill have epi and be lying down, then instrumental delivery... I'll see how I go... think only c section would spare me the spd pain to be fair, but they wont offer that so I'm gonna hope for waterbirth. Will try acupuncture as well. xx

I totally understand chick,induction cn b v scary!!!I'm shitting it abit with me bn early,as bn induced twice b4 but was over due!They was really good labors,so was lucky :)..I have got a sweep on Wednesday so hopefully MW will tell me if my cervix so ready!!!!!!!:haha: will keep u Posted and good luck Hun!!:hugs: :hugs:

my physio has advised me to have a waterbirth too, she said the water will be easier to birth in due to your body weighing less in the water and the positons will be easier to change to.xx

I totally understand chick,induction cn b v scary!!!I'm shitting it abit with me bn early,as bn induced twice b4 but was over due!They was really good labors,so was lucky :)..I have got a sweep on Wednesday so hopefully MW will tell me if my cervix so ready!!!!!!!:haha: will keep u Posted and good luck Hun!!:hugs: :hugs:

I didnt mean to scare you with my post, thought afterwards that I might have! I'm confused about induction, does it mean something is put up in the vagina or does it mean a drip in the arm. I always hought it was a drip in the arm...? Good luck! xx:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->