Sew on name tag question!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me please...when you sew on tags...do you just sew both sides of the name tag on? How do you do it :blush: x

Ok, i did this for the first time a couple of weeks ago! I sewed both sides, then along the bottom. But not along the top. This was because I just didn't want him using it to loop over his peg. So far, after a couple of washes they seem to be staying on ok! I just do it a couple of times over the first and last stitches then cut it.

I start on the right-handside of the tag. i fold the edge over so there is less risk of fraying. then i stitch up the short side, over the top, back down the left side (again folding the edge over) and then along the bottom. There is no way those tags are going to come off lol.

Unfortunatly i have failed miserably :blush: ...does anyone know if i can pay someone to do it for me?..Any shops etc? xx

I buy embroidered iron on ones ;)

I have had both my kids ones from here https://www.wovenlabelsuk.com/school-labels/wl-10.html

I had them in different colours too so i can see in a hurry which jumper belongs to who as not much size difference these days

I'd keep practising. My first few attempts were awful but then this years lot of sewing went really well :)

I actually sew mine to make them into a hook for coat and cardies that don't have one. My kids have horrendously long names so I can sew about 2cm at each end to make rue there is no tearing of the clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->