Sex Bands

brando

Reaction score
Rather disturbing article i've just read

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sc...let-which-means-your-child-is-having-SEX.html

Thought i'd post it to warn all parents

It is shocking.

I remember there being a craze for them when I was in school (and I think they were banned), but I didn't think there were meanings attached then.. there probably were with the more 'popular' kids - I didn't really pay any attention to that kind of thing.

i remember the "bands" and their meanings from from 10+yrs ago when i was at school. the black meant the same as the "new craze" but that was the only 1 that ever had meaning and got discussed (as far as i know).

i wore loads of them (not for the meanings/what i wuld/wouldnt do) but because i was going through the phase of hippy/goth and they were so cheap and went with all clothes.

it is shocking though.

Oh. My. God. I have never heard of this, I am apalled. I have cousins who are 14 and 12. It terrifies me to think of what kind of pressures they might be under by their peers. I'm not naieve I know kids have bragged about this kind of thing for years and years but to have a visual display to let the world know?.... Imagine the weirdos who could be on the look out for these bands on young kids...... To think that you may have to have the birds and the bees conversation with a child as young as 8 is horrible.

They discussed this on the Wright Stuff last week, it's so stupid, it could lead to rape and all sorts. I used to wear them but never heard of this stuff until now!

I'd never heard of it, don't know if it also is a thing under kids over here, have to ask the boys when they are home from school.
I know the bands as a few years back they were in the news as being a possible cause for cancer with some of the materials (soft liquids) in them, but never heard about the thing they symbolise. Sorry, but I think it is totally insane.

This was around in the 80s and 90s and is still around now. They were around when I was a kid, and tbh I think it is just the media scarmongering and making it out worse than it is to sell a story.

We had these bands when I was in school, they were called "shag bands" then, but they didn't mean anything. If you snapped someones, you were meant to have "shagged" them, but obviously you hadn't. Kids just said it. I don't really think we understood the whole thing back then. They were only around in Junior school.
I do think this has probably been made to sound worse than it is. It's probably just what kids say you have to do, but you don't actually do it IYKWIM?

TBH for most kids there just a fashion acessary, I wore them because they were pritty. Yet again the media has no stories and id creating one out of nothing

We had these bands when I was in school, they were called "shag bands" then, but they didn't mean anything. If you snapped someones, you were meant to have "shagged" them, but obviously you hadn't. Kids just said it. I don't really think we understood the whole thing back then. They were only around in Junior school.

Same, they never *actually* meant anything when I was at school :shrug: People just said they did.

Yeah I had them at school but they didn't 'mean' anything! That really is shocking. And a rainbow party!!!! OMG!!!!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->