Sex in ur first tri.

E

Ellianna

Heya everyone,
Just wondering what everyone knew about having sex when ur in ur first tri?
I'm completely paranoid about harming the baby
Is it safe?

The other thing is, most of the time I really don't feel like it!
My OH is getting all touchy feely and I'm like 'stop it!'
I don't really get why :S
I think it might be coz I'm getting to the stage where I don't really have a bump as such just got thicker around the waist and my belly's poking out a little bit. It's not making me feel my most attractive!

What can I do? Its getting me down!

(Sorry guys if that's tmi!)

Thanks, Ellianna
x

yes its perfectly safe unless the doc advises you not to because of complications. thats what i read anyway.

It is supposed to be perfectly safe but im not too sure.
I am only 5wks pregnant and the last couple of times that we have had sex has ended in me getting worried and paranoid. Both times after sex i have started to bleed a few people have told me that this is normal but i think that i will go the whole way through my pregnancy without sex.
I cant stand the worrying!.

From what I've read and been told most doctors believe that sex during any part of pregnancy is safe and healthy. The only times that I've seen that they don't recommend it is if you have a history of miscarriages or are carrying multiples--than sometimes doctors will tell you to abstain. As for not feeling like it, it's normal. I didn't feel like doing anything for several weeks, still don't feel like it most nights (of course that was mostly the morning sickness). Talk to your DH about it and tell him how you feel. I think that's probably the best thing you could do

:hi:There
Don't feel bad about not wanting sex. I do not want it at all! I kinda feel bad for the hubby but in another sense he understands that the female body is under some stress and the hormones ALL over the place.

I've heard what everyone has, that it's ok and safe unless it causes you pain or you were specifically told not to. My DH and I have a few times but mostly I wasn't ever in the mood because I was always tired and exhausted which is normal in the first trimester. But now that I feel so much better and energized, I want it! LOL sorry if tmi, but unfortunately, we're in different countries at the moment!!! :hissy: The point is that it is ok as long as you are comfortable with it:)

Dh and I used to BD a LOT in the first tri...whenever I felt un-nauseaus. I had a hyper-sex drive up until about a week or so ago, when it started giving me contractions...now we're not allowed to anymore

Same as most people have said, safe unless the doc has given you a specific reason not to or it's uncomfortable for you. As much as I'm interested in it most times there have def been times that the OH has been touchy and I just want him to stop. I got the "what!" look this afternoon for that exact reason, just didn't want to be touched. You could try just cuddling on your terms, and tell him that, if you want it to progress or start to feel like it then you can.

Perfectly safe to to do bedroom activities, it is all down to how you are feeling. The only time not to, is if you are told not to by your GP, but this is only if there are complications! x

jeses wept, im terrified of sleeping with my OH...
and i thought it was men who get stage fright!!! too much info i know but seriously i was gonna and then i just froze and was a crying mess lol.
he was very understanding but its confusing me cos one minute i do then i dont when it gets to it if you get what i mean.
oh and i have moments when we're in bed and any part of his body brushes against mine i freak, "stop touching me" haha i am a crank i dont think being with child agrees with me. lol

BD'ing seriously helped my morning sickness (no clue why maybe the endorphines, and sorry tmi!) And I've had an increase in drive too.

We've not stopped BD'ing because of harming the baby, in fact, I've heard and read some things that a woman's orgasm (and subsequent rush of endorphines) is nice for baby too.

[Uterine contractions 'hug' the baby, and the endorphines effect baby in the same positive way as they do for mom.]

:happydance:

Unless your doc specifically tells you not to have sex, it is perfectly safe and healthy...the baby is protected inside your uterus. I have even read that the baby will enjoy the back and forth motion and it relaxes the baby....as weird as that may sound:wacko:... but i know how scary it can be if you start bleeding afterwards. This happened to me with my first pregnancy and I called my doc in a panic, he told me that it is normal to have slight bleeding after sex during pregnancy, but to call back if I get cramping along with the bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->